The National Weather Service has now upgraded our winter storm to a blizzard. Here is the advisory just issued by the National Weather Service:
… Blizzard Warning in effect until 1 PM EST Monday…
… Winter Storm Warning is cancelled…
The National Weather Service in Mount Holly has issued a Blizzard
Warning… which is in effect until 1 PM EST Monday. The Winter
Storm Warning has been cancelled.
* Precipitation type: snow.
* Accumulations: twelve to eighteen inches.
* Timing: now occurring and ending by 1 PM Monday. The greatest
intensity will be from late this afternoon into tonight.
* Impacts: travel will remain hazardous due to significant
accumulations of snow. Blowing and drifting snow is expected
with greatly reduced visibilities at times. Travel is strongly
* Winds: northerly winds of 20 to 30 mph with gusts over 40 mph
A Blizzard Warning means severe winter weather conditions are
expected or occurring. Falling and blowing snow with strong winds
and poor visibilities are likely. This will lead to whiteout
conditions… making travel extremely dangerous. Do not travel. If
you must travel… have a winter survival kit with you. If you get
stranded… stay with your vehicle.