Local teams drew a tough draw on the boys side, while the girls teams look like they have a chance to make a run in this year’s state basketball playoffs.
For the boys teams:
– Wildwood Catholic will play host to St. Mary’s in the first round but would likely be traveling to the top seeded Trenton Catholic in the Non-Public South B pairing.
– Middle Township will host Haddon Heights in the first round but would also likely travel to a top seed if they win. Haddonfield is the number 1 seed in the South Jersey Group II
– Wildwood is the 12th seed and travels to Haddon Township in the first round of the South Jersey Group I
– Ocean City is the 14th seed and will be on the road at Toms River South in South Jersey Group III
– Lower Cape May Regional makes it as a 15th seed and will be at the 2 seed Pemberton in South Jersey Group II
In girls action:
– Wildwood Catholic is a 4 seed and will host Trenton Catholic. If they win they will have at least one more home game in the state playoffs.
– Middle Township is a 4 seed as well and will have Bridgeton visit them. The Panthers would also host at least one more home game if they win in the first round.
– Wildwood is a 5 seed and will host Riverside in the first round, meanwhile Cape May Tech who is also in South Jersey Group I is a 10 seed and will travel to Salem
– Lower Cape May Regional will have a home game as a seven seed against Woodstown in South Jersey Group II.
– Ocean City is a 6 seed and will be at home in the first round versus Westampton Tech.