The Stone Harbor Planning Board will hold an open public meeting on Monday October 25, 2010 at 7 pm in Borough Hall to present their proposed Historic Preservation Element to its Master Plan. This Historic Preservation Plan is a public policy document that identifies, evaluates, and provides support in order to preserve historic resources in the Borough for the benefit of the community and the larger society.
Linda B Weber (AICP, PP of Brown Keener), the Boroughs Licensed Professional Planner, will lead a slide presentation outlining the historic background, architectural styles & building types, criteria, inventory, and benefits of Stone Harbor’s historic resources. The presentation will also include recommendations for future preservation tasks and programs. Public input is encouraged.
The proposed Historic Preservation Commission shall act as an Advisory role to the Planning Board, Zoning Board and Borough Council.
The purpose is to:
– help safeguard, preserve, enhance and celebrate the unique historical resource s so that they will be available for the education, welfare and pleasure of all residents, second homeowners and visitors and future generations
– encourage the continued use of historic resources and facilitate their appropriate reuse
– promote the conservation of historic sites/areas and invite voluntary compliance
The benefits are:
– preserve the sense of place that is Stone Harbor
– protect and enhance the Borough’s attraction to residents and visitors
– foster civic pride in the beauty and notable achievements of the past
– identy and continuity as we move forward into the future
– a formal recognized forum for requesting outside resources, grants, etc.