Emergency road work is getting finished up in the county. The $1.2 million project was brought on by the severe weather the county got in the winter. South State Inc., of Bridgeton, has been doing the work. There are many sections of roadways that need to be addressed, however, due to funding limitations or upcoming utility work, only a limited number of roadways can be addressed. Some of the roadways selected to be repaired under this program are:
· Dias Creek Road from Mechanic Street to Shunpike Road in Middle Township
· Ocean Drive from 8th Street to 11th Street in Avalon
· Corsons Tavern Road from Kings Highway north to the sod farm in Dennis Township
· Court House – South Dennis Road from US Route 9 to Winding Way in Middle Township
· Ocean Drive from NJ Route 109 to Middle Thorofare Bridge in Lower Township
· Roosevelt Boulevard at Vernon Road ( Garden State Parkway Southbound Exit Ramp) in Upper Township
Most of the work under this repair program is expected to be completed by Memorial Day Weekend, weather permitting. Other roads not being addressed by this contract will be patched and repaired by the County Road Department.