Wlldwood appears on its way to having a special election on two key issues. Three petitions were presented to Wildwood City Hall on Friday to overturn the lease of the monster truck building and the creation of a skating rink. Over 200 names were presented on the petition that only needs about 120 signatures. Wildwood Commissioners would have the option to rescind the ordinances or allow the issue to go to a special election at a to be determined date. Wildwood Commissioners took out a bond to purchase a piece of land that they believe will be refunded by Cape May County’s open space program. The monster truck building provided $1.6 million up front and smaller payments each year. The up front payment is helping the city keep a zero tax increase.
- 987 THE COAST ELECTION NIGHT RESULTS
- JUDGE SAYS NO LASER BEAM MESSAGES BY UNION ONTO CASINOS
- REPORT: OCEAN CITY PRIMARY SCHOOL RENOVATIONS NEARLY DONE
- OCEAN CITY MAKES CHANGE TO ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE
- 18 LOCALS INDICTED IN MAJOR CAPE MAY COUNTY DRUG BUST
- REPORT: SO FAR, ONLY INCUMBENTS RUNNING IN WILDWOOD
- BODY WASHES UP ON NEW JERSEY BEACH
- WILL ERICKA BE A LABOR DAY WEEKEND HURRICANE IN NJ?
- GOODBYE, CHOCOLATE THUNDER: DARRYL DAWKINS PASSES
- COUPLE OF WEEKS LEFT TO GET SANDY CLAIMS REVIEWED
- OCEAN COUNTY MAN GIVEN JAIL SENTENCE FOR LURING JUVENILE