Wlldwood appears on its way to having a special election on two key issues. Three petitions were presented to Wildwood City Hall on Friday to overturn the lease of the monster truck building and the creation of a skating rink. Over 200 names were presented on the petition that only needs about 120 signatures. Wildwood Commissioners would have the option to rescind the ordinances or allow the issue to go to a special election at a to be determined date. Wildwood Commissioners took out a bond to purchase a piece of land that they believe will be refunded by Cape May County’s open space program. The monster truck building provided $1.6 million up front and smaller payments each year. The up front payment is helping the city keep a zero tax increase.
- 987 THE COAST ELECTION NIGHT RESULTS
- Barb & Steve’s Flight of Cheese: Merlot wine & cheese pairing!
- PHILLY MAN ROBS ATLANTIC CITY BANK FOR THE SECOND TIME
- TWO WEEK DEAL REACHED TO POWER FORMER REVEL CASINO
- SIX ATLANTIC COUNTY RESIDENTS ARRESTED ON DRUG CHARGES
- NAKED MAN SAFELY DESCENDED FROM HEIGHTS AT VINELAND ELECTRIC PLANT
- SENATE REPUBLICANS ROLL OUT 36-BILL PACKAGE TO SPUR JOB GROWTH
- COMMERCIAL FIRE TAKEN CARE OF AT OCEAN VIEW NURSING AND REHAB
- VENTNOR WOMAN SENTENCED TO 55 YEARS FOR HUSBAND’S MURDER
- EHT POLICE INVESTIGATING CREDIT CARD FRAUD
- WILDWOOD PASSES BUDGET WITH ZERO INCREASE