Wlldwood appears on its way to having a special election on two key issues. Three petitions were presented to Wildwood City Hall on Friday to overturn the lease of the monster truck building and the creation of a skating rink. Over 200 names were presented on the petition that only needs about 120 signatures. Wildwood Commissioners would have the option to rescind the ordinances or allow the issue to go to a special election at a to be determined date. Wildwood Commissioners took out a bond to purchase a piece of land that they believe will be refunded by Cape May County’s open space program. The monster truck building provided $1.6 million up front and smaller payments each year. The up front payment is helping the city keep a zero tax increase.
- 987 THE COAST ELECTION NIGHT RESULTS
- LONGTIME STATE SENATOR LEN CONNORS, 87
- STUDENTS WHO DIE NO LONGER HAVE TO PAY BACK STUDENT LOANS
- FEMA GIVES STATE MORE TIME TO DREDGE FOLLOWING SANDY
- CHRISTIE VETOES BILL THAT WOULD LIMIT SOLITARY CONFINEMENT
- PENNSYLVANIA MAN BUSTED FOR CRIME SPREE IN MIDDLE, LOWER TWPS.
- CHRISTIE APPLAUDS DEAL BETWEEN ATLANTIC CITY ELECTRIC, EXELON
- 17-YEAR-OLD SUCCUMBS TO INJURIES FROM SATURDAY ACCIDENT
- FOUR JUVENILES CHARGED WITH CAR, HOME BURGLARIES IN LOWER TWP.
- REPORT: HORSES RUNNING FREE ON AC EXPRESSWAY CAUSED ACCIDENT
- BORGATA OFFICIAL SAYS THINGS WILL START GETTING BETTER IN ATLANTIC CITY