Wlldwood appears on its way to having a special election on two key issues. Three petitions were presented to Wildwood City Hall on Friday to overturn the lease of the monster truck building and the creation of a skating rink. Over 200 names were presented on the petition that only needs about 120 signatures. Wildwood Commissioners would have the option to rescind the ordinances or allow the issue to go to a special election at a to be determined date. Wildwood Commissioners took out a bond to purchase a piece of land that they believe will be refunded by Cape May County’s open space program. The monster truck building provided $1.6 million up front and smaller payments each year. The up front payment is helping the city keep a zero tax increase.
- 987 THE COAST ELECTION NIGHT RESULTS
- THORNTON NEW PRESIDENT OF SOUTHERN NEW JERSEY FREEHOLDERS ASSOCIATION
- COUNTY INTRODUCES NEW BUDGET, TOTALS $152.6 MILLION
- FAMILY OF NJ STATE TROOPER TO RECEIVE $2.3 MILLION SETTLEMENT
- JANUARY RAINBOW AT THE SHORE? YEAH, WE GOT ONE!
- 22 YEAR OLD WOODBINE MAN BUSTED FOR SWAINTON HOME INVASION
- AVALON POLICE DEPARTMENT TO GET NEW CHIEF, CAPTAIN WEDNESDAY
- DENNIS TOWNSHIP COMMITTEE TO MEET, VARIOUS APPOINTMENTS TO BE MADE
- WILDWOOD CITY COMMISSION TO MEET WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON
- STONE HARBOR COMPLETES PROPERTY REVALUATION
- GOVERNOR: HOME DELIVERY OF MEDICAL POT CAN BE ON THE TABLE