A native of Wildwood Crest is the new head basketball coach with the NBA’s Indiana Pacers. Frank Vogel was named the new head coach of the Pacers during a Sunday afternoon press conference, replacing former Sixers coach Jim O’Brien. Vogel and O’Brien have spent much of their professional careers together, including stints with the University of Kentucky and the Philadelphia 76ers. Vogel attended school locally, and played basketball at Juniata College in Pennsylvania. Vogel then transferred to Kentucky where he was a student manager and played on the Wildcats junior varsity squad. Vogel’s expertise early in his career was in video work before he became a full time assistant coach.
- 987 THE COAST ELECTION NIGHT RESULTS
- LONGTIME STATE SENATOR LEN CONNORS, 87
- STUDENTS WHO DIE NO LONGER HAVE TO PAY BACK STUDENT LOANS
- FEMA GIVES STATE MORE TIME TO DREDGE FOLLOWING SANDY
- CHRISTIE VETOES BILL THAT WOULD LIMIT SOLITARY CONFINEMENT
- PENNSYLVANIA MAN BUSTED FOR CRIME SPREE IN MIDDLE, LOWER TWPS.
- CHRISTIE APPLAUDS DEAL BETWEEN ATLANTIC CITY ELECTRIC, EXELON
- 17-YEAR-OLD SUCCUMBS TO INJURIES FROM SATURDAY ACCIDENT
- FOUR JUVENILES CHARGED WITH CAR, HOME BURGLARIES IN LOWER TWP.
- REPORT: HORSES RUNNING FREE ON AC EXPRESSWAY CAUSED ACCIDENT
- BORGATA OFFICIAL SAYS THINGS WILL START GETTING BETTER IN ATLANTIC CITY