A native of Wildwood Crest is the new head basketball coach with the NBA’s Indiana Pacers. Frank Vogel was named the new head coach of the Pacers during a Sunday afternoon press conference, replacing former Sixers coach Jim O’Brien. Vogel and O’Brien have spent much of their professional careers together, including stints with the University of Kentucky and the Philadelphia 76ers. Vogel attended school locally, and played basketball at Juniata College in Pennsylvania. Vogel then transferred to Kentucky where he was a student manager and played on the Wildcats junior varsity squad. Vogel’s expertise early in his career was in video work before he became a full time assistant coach.
- 987 THE COAST ELECTION NIGHT RESULTS
- GRAND JURY INDICTS 18 FOR DRUG DISTRIBUTION
- CHRISTIE BACK IN TOP TEN OF NEW PRESIDENTIAL POLL
- BEACH CREEK DREDGING PROJECT TO BEGIN BEFORE MID-SEPTEMBER
- TEACHER LATE 100 TIMES CAN STILL KEEP HIS JOB
- SPIEGEL SENTENCING POSTPONED UNTIL SEPTEMBER 14TH
- PROSECUTOR TAKES A MEMBER OF HER STAFF TO SEX TOY STORE
- CAPE MAY NOW HAS A SECOND COUNCIL CANDIDATE
- MAN KILLS HIS BROTHER, DISMEMBERS THE BODY IN VINELAND
- MAN WANTED FOR ROBBING CONVENIENCE STORE IN UPPER TWP.
- TWO VILLAS MEN CHARGED IN ROBBERY AND ASSAULT