A local lawmaker is making a push to get equal wages for workers in the state. Senator Jim Whelan introduced legislation that would provide an additional layer of oversight and enforcement of the New Jersey Prevailing Wage Act by ensuring contractors are paying their employees a prevailing wage. The bill would provide that if a person makes a bid for a public project that is 10 percent or more lower than the next lowest bid, they would be required to provide proof that the prevailing wage rates will be paid.
- 987 THE COAST ELECTION NIGHT RESULTS
- NORTH WILDWOOD COUNCIL TO MEET ON TUESDAY
- MAJOR REPAVING PROJECT ON ROUTE 9 IN MIDDLE TWP.
- STONE HARBOR TO INTRODUCE BIG ORDINANCES THIS WEEK
- OCEAN CITY FOOTBALL TEAM TO HONOR HEROES ON 9/11
- OCEAN CITY IN FINAL STAGES OF MAJOR BEACH FILL
- COURTS TOSS ANOTHER COMPLAINT BY DEMARZO
- TEACHER LATE 111 TIMES? I WAS HAVING BREAKFAST!
- BIG LAWSUIT COMING REGARDING SCHOOL SEARCH
- PILOT DEAD, WAS GOING TO BE PART OF LOCAL AIR SHOW
- WILDWOOD RESIDENTS PICKET CAPE ASSIST EXPANSION