Convenience gambling is hurting Atlantic City, but new developments may cater to what Atlantic City really should be focusing on. Senator Jim Whelan told Coastal Broadcasting that he believes that Atlantic City’s focus should be on the visitor looking for an overnight or weekend stay. Slot parlors that have cropped up in Pennsylvania and New York have kept some from coming down to the Atlantic City. Whelan said that Atlantic City’s advantage can be the shows, luxury, and other attractions it has to offer. Revel and the proposed Hard Rock Casino’s could help lure those types of visitors to the shore. Hear some more of the senator’s thoughts during the newscasts on 987 The Coast and Fun 106.3 on Monday.
- 987 THE COAST ELECTION NIGHT RESULTS
- LOWER TOWNSHIP PASSES BUDGET WITH 1.9 CENT INCREASE
- GASOLINE CAN’T BE SOLD AT FARLEY SERVICE STATION
- REPORT: CHRISTIE’S BROTHER BENEFITTED FROM CONTRACT
- BIG JUMP AT THE PUMP IN PAST WEEK
- POLL: CHRISTIE COMES IN 7TH AMONG GOP FIELD
- NJ TRANSIT PUSHES TO HIKE FARES
- OCEAN CITY ATTEMPTING TO CLEAN UP THREE VACANT GAS STATIONS
- ATLANTIC CITY AIRPORT EXPERIENCING PASSENGER GROWTH
- POOREST CHILDREN IN NEW JERSEY LIVE IN CUMBERLAND AND ATLANTIC COUNTIES
- TIM TEBOW TO SIGN WITH THE EAGLES…REALLY?