The Wildwood Beach Patrol will hold open tryouts to find new lifeguards for the 2012 summer season. The lifeguard test will take place at the Joseph Von Savage Memorial Pool (8800 New Jersey Ave, Wildwood Crest) on Saturday, June 9 at 11 a.m. The tryout will begin with a 500-yard swim in the pool. The tryout will continue for qualified swimmers with a 1 mile run, a 200-yard ocean swim and a comprehensive interview. The WBP will provide qualified candidates with the necessary training and certifications for ocean lifeguarding. Applicants should be 16 years of age or older. Candidates under the age of 18 must have the application signed by a parent or guardian. Applications are available online at http://wildwoodnj.org/wp/?page_id=20 and at the test site. Interested candidates can email Wildwood Beach Patrol Captain Steve Stocks at email@example.com for more information.
- 987 THE COAST ELECTION NIGHT RESULTS
- JUDGE SAYS NO LASER BEAM MESSAGES BY UNION ONTO CASINOS
- REPORT: OCEAN CITY PRIMARY SCHOOL RENOVATIONS NEARLY DONE
- OCEAN CITY MAKES CHANGE TO ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE
- 18 LOCALS INDICTED IN MAJOR CAPE MAY COUNTY DRUG BUST
- REPORT: SO FAR, ONLY INCUMBENTS RUNNING IN WILDWOOD
- BODY WASHES UP ON NEW JERSEY BEACH
- WILL ERICKA BE A LABOR DAY WEEKEND HURRICANE IN NJ?
- GOODBYE, CHOCOLATE THUNDER: DARRYL DAWKINS PASSES
- COUPLE OF WEEKS LEFT TO GET SANDY CLAIMS REVIEWED
- OCEAN COUNTY MAN GIVEN JAIL SENTENCE FOR LURING JUVENILE