Senate President Steve Sweeney submitted a plan of action to the Department of Community Affairs (DCA) that calls for more assistance to homeowners and renters during the second phase of Sandy recovery funding. The Senate President’s plan calls for greater use of local, community organizations that have expertise in both housing and New Jersey. The plan presents a three pronged approach that focuses on treating renters and owners fairly, distributing resources equitably and ensuring transparency through every step of the process. It utilizes Community Resource Recovery Centers to help with disbursement of aid and to act as resource guides for victims of the storm.
- 987 THE COAST ELECTION NIGHT RESULTS
- SUN NATIONAL BANK SELLING BRANCH, CONSOLIDATING OTHERS
- NO BACK UP PLAN IF STATE HAS TO MAKE PENSION PAYMENT THIS YEAR
- NEW JERSEY WAS COLDER THAN ANTARCTICA LAST WEEK
- NEW POLL SHOWS NEGATIVE OUTLOOK ON CHRISTIE BY VOTERS
- LAWMAKERS TOLD THEY NEED NEW FINANCIAL DRIVERS
- Spring Sale at North End Thrift in Villas!
- 25 STUDENTS NOW CHARGED IN A.C. HIGH SCHOOL BRAWL
- GAS LEAKS FORCE EVACUATIONS IN CAPE MAY
- WILDWOOD MAN CHARGED WITH ARSON, BURGLARY
- CAPE MAY TO HOLD MEETING TO FILL COUNCIL SEAT