Straight line winds, heavy rain, and plenty of lightning has resulted in many problems throughout Cape May County and South Jersey Saturday morning. A large thunderstorm cell moved across the region early Saturday morning resulting in 60mph winds and damage reports throughout the county. Wind gusts exceeding 60mph were reported in Ocean City and Avalon. In Ocean City, trees were knocked down through the community. Trees are also reported down in Middle Township; at one time, one downed tree fell across Route 9. Some power poles and wires were reported down in Lower Township, with trees down at Myrtle and Pine streets.
- 987 THE COAST ELECTION NIGHT RESULTS
- JUDGE SAYS NO LASER BEAM MESSAGES BY UNION ONTO CASINOS
- REPORT: OCEAN CITY PRIMARY SCHOOL RENOVATIONS NEARLY DONE
- OCEAN CITY MAKES CHANGE TO ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE
- 18 LOCALS INDICTED IN MAJOR CAPE MAY COUNTY DRUG BUST
- REPORT: SO FAR, ONLY INCUMBENTS RUNNING IN WILDWOOD
- BODY WASHES UP ON NEW JERSEY BEACH
- WILL ERICKA BE A LABOR DAY WEEKEND HURRICANE IN NJ?
- GOODBYE, CHOCOLATE THUNDER: DARRYL DAWKINS PASSES
- COUPLE OF WEEKS LEFT TO GET SANDY CLAIMS REVIEWED
- OCEAN COUNTY MAN GIVEN JAIL SENTENCE FOR LURING JUVENILE