Straight line winds, heavy rain, and plenty of lightning has resulted in many problems throughout Cape May County and South Jersey Saturday morning. A large thunderstorm cell moved across the region early Saturday morning resulting in 60mph winds and damage reports throughout the county. Wind gusts exceeding 60mph were reported in Ocean City and Avalon. In Ocean City, trees were knocked down through the community. Trees are also reported down in Middle Township; at one time, one downed tree fell across Route 9. Some power poles and wires were reported down in Lower Township, with trees down at Myrtle and Pine streets.
- 987 THE COAST ELECTION NIGHT RESULTS
- CAPE MAY COUNTY HOLDS MEMORIAL DAY CEREMONY
- BIG CROWDS AT THE SHORE, ATTEND MEMORIAL DAY EVENTS
- MORE LAYOFFS COMING TO ATLANTIC CITY SCHOOL DISTRICT
- GUNSHOTS FIRED DURING CAR CHASE IN WILDWOOD, MIDDLE TWP.
- TWO DEAD IN WEEKEND ACCIDENT IN MILLVILLE
- CHRISTIE PLACES MIDDLE OF THE PACK IN GOP STRAW POLL
- USS NEW JERSEY TO BE ADDED TO NAVY FLEET
- ACCIDENT ON ROUTE 42 CLAIMS A LIFE SATURDAY NIGHT
- STATE GAS PRICES DOWN NEARLY A DOLLAR VERSUS LAST MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND
- MIDDLE TOWNSHIP POLICE INVESTIGATE SHOOTING