Straight line winds, heavy rain, and plenty of lightning has resulted in many problems throughout Cape May County and South Jersey Saturday morning. A large thunderstorm cell moved across the region early Saturday morning resulting in 60mph winds and damage reports throughout the county. Wind gusts exceeding 60mph were reported in Ocean City and Avalon. In Ocean City, trees were knocked down through the community. Trees are also reported down in Middle Township; at one time, one downed tree fell across Route 9. Some power poles and wires were reported down in Lower Township, with trees down at Myrtle and Pine streets.
- 987 THE COAST ELECTION NIGHT RESULTS
- MAN INDICTED FOR KILLING MOM AND CHILD
- INDICTMENT HANDED DOWN IN 2014 MURDER
- BANK ROBBERY SUSPECT CHARGED IN FEDERAL COURT
- ATLANTIC CITY MAN SHOT DEAD, DEATH UNDER INVESTIGATION
- STATE POLICE SEEKING MISSING CHILD FROM BRIDGETON
- CHRISTIE TIED FOR 10TH IN LATEST OVERALL POLL
- CHRISTIE GETS ENDORSEMENT OF MAINE GOV.
- LENTZ RETIRES AS OCEAN CITY HS ATHLETIC DIRECTOR
- PAGLIUGHI, DEAN, COVINGTON BEGIN NEW TERMS OF OFFICE IN AVALON
- DESIDERIO SWORN IN AS MAYOR OF SEA ISLE CITY BY LT. GOVERNOR