A one-day nor’easter arrived Saturday morning in Cape May County bringing heavy rain and eventually gusty winds and coastal flooding to our region. The National Weather Service has posted a Coastal Flood Warning for Cape May County today, especially for this morning’s high tide. Moderate coastal flooding is in our forecast for this morning’s high tide; areas that typically see high water will see flooding during the tide event. High tide will take place at the Townsend’s Inlet Bridge between Sea Isle City and Avalon at 10:22am. A High Wind Advisory is in effect; when the storm departs early this evening, wind gusts are expected to reach 50mph. Do not attempt to drive on any flooded street or through a flooded intersection. There could be some power outages throughout South Jersey. The chance of snow for Cape May County has been eliminated by forecasters.
- 987 THE COAST ELECTION NIGHT RESULTS
- JUDGE SAYS NO LASER BEAM MESSAGES BY UNION ONTO CASINOS
- REPORT: OCEAN CITY PRIMARY SCHOOL RENOVATIONS NEARLY DONE
- OCEAN CITY MAKES CHANGE TO ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE
- 18 LOCALS INDICTED IN MAJOR CAPE MAY COUNTY DRUG BUST
- REPORT: SO FAR, ONLY INCUMBENTS RUNNING IN WILDWOOD
- BODY WASHES UP ON NEW JERSEY BEACH
- WILL ERICKA BE A LABOR DAY WEEKEND HURRICANE IN NJ?
- GOODBYE, CHOCOLATE THUNDER: DARRYL DAWKINS PASSES
- COUPLE OF WEEKS LEFT TO GET SANDY CLAIMS REVIEWED
- OCEAN COUNTY MAN GIVEN JAIL SENTENCE FOR LURING JUVENILE