According to the Press of Atlantic City, Steel Pier in Atlantic City will be put up for auction by it’s owner, Trump Entertainment Group. The opening bid on the 113-year-old amusement pier is set at $2.5 million. The news came as a surprise to those in the casino industry, but not to the pier’s operator. The Press quoted Anthony Catanoso, who said his family’s agreement to operate amusements on Steel Pier runs through 2016 and will not be affected by the sale.
- 987 THE COAST ELECTION NIGHT RESULTS
- 4,000 BAGS OF HEROIN SEIZED IN ARREST
- MAN ARRESTED FOR HOUSING DRUG PRODUCTION FACILITY
- GAS PRICES DROP TEN CENTS IN A WEEK
- NORTH WILDWOOD COUNCIL TO MEET ON TUESDAY
- MAJOR REPAVING PROJECT ON ROUTE 9 IN MIDDLE TWP.
- STONE HARBOR TO INTRODUCE BIG ORDINANCES THIS WEEK
- OCEAN CITY FOOTBALL TEAM TO HONOR HEROES ON 9/11
- OCEAN CITY IN FINAL STAGES OF MAJOR BEACH FILL
- COURTS TOSS ANOTHER COMPLAINT BY DEMARZO
- TEACHER LATE 111 TIMES? I WAS HAVING BREAKFAST!