According to the Press of Atlantic City, Steel Pier in Atlantic City will be put up for auction by it’s owner, Trump Entertainment Group. The opening bid on the 113-year-old amusement pier is set at $2.5 million. The news came as a surprise to those in the casino industry, but not to the pier’s operator. The Press quoted Anthony Catanoso, who said his family’s agreement to operate amusements on Steel Pier runs through 2016 and will not be affected by the sale.
- 987 THE COAST ELECTION NIGHT RESULTS
- UPDATE: DROWNING VICTIM IDENTIFIED IN OCEAN COUNTY
- NORTH WILDWOOD COPS NAB PAIR FOR THEFTS ON BEACH
- AVALON BEACH FILL COULD FINISH THIS EVENING
- CHRISTIE LEAVES NEW JERSEY FOR BALANCE OF THE WEEK
- ONE KILLED IN ATLANTIC CITY, POLICE SHOOT SUSPECT
- DISCUSSION TAKES PLACE REGARDING DOG PARK AT CAPE MAY AIRPORT
- LAWMAKERS ATTEMPTING BILL TO HAVE CHRISTIE RESIGN
- WOODBINE RECEIVES GRANT FUNDING FOR BIKEWAY IMPROVEMENT
- SO, A NAKED WOMAN WALKS INTO A WAWA STORE….
- VINELAND GIRL DIES IN ATV ACCIDENT OVER THE WEEKEND