A $29.4 billion budget was passed by both houses on the state government on Monday. The bills were largely supported by Republicans, with just enough support by the Democrats to get the bills through. All three 1st district lawmakers voted for the budget, despite being Democrats. Gov. The Assembly passed the budget at just after 1:10 a.m. Christie issued a statement a short time later saying he was proud the budget gap could be filled without raising taxes. Christie also said he will continue to fight to get Cap 2.5 passed in the legislature.
- 987 THE COAST ELECTION NIGHT RESULTS
- COASTAL FLOOD WARNING, WIND ADVISORY, FLASH FLOODING POSSIBLE
- HS FOOTBALL: WILDWOOD BATTLES LOWER, MIDDLE LONG ROAD TRIP
- VILLAS MAN CHARGED WITH ATTEMPTED MURDER IN DRUG DEAL GONE BAD
- CHRISTIE: WOMAN KILLED STANDING ON PLATFORM IN TRAIN ACCIDENT
- LOBIONDO: FEDERALLY AUTHORIZED BEACH PROJECTS LOCALLY NOW HAVE FUNDING
- UPDATE: ONE PERSON CONFIRMED DEAD, 108 INJURED IN HOBOKEN TRAIN CRASH
- FIRE STRIKES HOUSE IN GALLOWAY TWP.
- SEA TURTLE RESCUED IN AVALON ON THE MEND
- FREE RABIES CLINIC SATURDAY IN MIDDLE TOWNSHIP
- HUGE NEW JERSEY DUNE PROJECT GOING OUT TO BID