A big vote will be taking place next week and it won’t be for an elected office. On Nov. 8, voters will decide whether sports betting should be legalized in New Jersey. State law currently does not allow for it, including a federal ban against it in the state. Only four states are allowed under federal law to have sports book. State lawmakers hope that by passing the state law, they can force the issue in the courts to get a federal ban overturned. Polling numbers show that the vote is likely to be successful.
- 987 THE COAST ELECTION NIGHT RESULTS
- SMOKING BAN ON PUBLIC BEACHES MAY BE COMING
- WILDWOOD CREST LOOKING TO HIRE ADMINISTRATOR
- MIDDLE TOWNSHIP COPS BUST TWO ON HEROIN CHARGES
- APPROVED! LEGISLATURE APPROVES AC RESCUE BILLS
- $1 MILLION VILLAS LOTTERY WINNERS CLAIM PRIZE
- SEN. BECK TO INTRODUCE LAW TO PUMP MONEY INTO ROAD PROJECTS
- GOVERNOR TO CONSIDER BAN ON DIAMONDBACK TERRAPIN HARVESTING
- MIDDLE TOWNSHIP POLICE OPEN NEW SUBSTATION IN RIO GRANDE
- STATE UNVEILS ACCESS MAP FOR ALL NEW JERSEY BEACHES
- HOLIDAY WEATHER? AIR WILL BE DRY AND WARM, OCEAN…BRR!