A big vote will be taking place next week and it won’t be for an elected office. On Nov. 8, voters will decide whether sports betting should be legalized in New Jersey. State law currently does not allow for it, including a federal ban against it in the state. Only four states are allowed under federal law to have sports book. State lawmakers hope that by passing the state law, they can force the issue in the courts to get a federal ban overturned. Polling numbers show that the vote is likely to be successful.
- 987 THE COAST ELECTION NIGHT RESULTS
- SUN NATIONAL BANK SELLING BRANCH, CONSOLIDATING OTHERS
- NO BACK UP PLAN IF STATE HAS TO MAKE PENSION PAYMENT THIS YEAR
- NEW JERSEY WAS COLDER THAN ANTARCTICA LAST WEEK
- NEW POLL SHOWS NEGATIVE OUTLOOK ON CHRISTIE BY VOTERS
- LAWMAKERS TOLD THEY NEED NEW FINANCIAL DRIVERS
- Spring Sale at North End Thrift in Villas!
- 25 STUDENTS NOW CHARGED IN A.C. HIGH SCHOOL BRAWL
- GAS LEAKS FORCE EVACUATIONS IN CAPE MAY
- WILDWOOD MAN CHARGED WITH ARSON, BURGLARY
- CAPE MAY TO HOLD MEETING TO FILL COUNCIL SEAT