President Barack Obama signed a new federal bill into law that gives a huge break to coastal property owners in our area who faced staggering increases in their flood insurance rates. Flood insurance rate hikes will be capped at 15 percent and may provide refunds for people who were hit with high insurance premiums. Congressman Frank LoBiondo championed big changes in the Biggert-Waters Act after word spread about the devastating impact it would have on the local real estate market along the Jersey Shore.
- 987 THE COAST ELECTION NIGHT RESULTS
- RESCUED SEA TURTLE NEEDS AT LEAST A MONTH TO REHAB
- CAROL STONE, 87, CAPE MAY JAZZ FESTIVAL CO-FOUNDER
- COASTAL FLOOD WARNING, WIND ADVISORY, FLASH FLOODING POSSIBLE
- HS FOOTBALL: WILDWOOD BATTLES LOWER, MIDDLE LONG ROAD TRIP
- VILLAS MAN CHARGED WITH ATTEMPTED MURDER IN DRUG DEAL GONE BAD
- CHRISTIE: WOMAN KILLED STANDING ON PLATFORM IN TRAIN ACCIDENT
- LOBIONDO: FEDERALLY AUTHORIZED BEACH PROJECTS LOCALLY NOW HAVE FUNDING
- UPDATE: ONE PERSON CONFIRMED DEAD, 108 INJURED IN HOBOKEN TRAIN CRASH
- FIRE STRIKES HOUSE IN GALLOWAY TWP.
- SEA TURTLE RESCUED IN AVALON ON THE MEND