A Somers Point man was sentenced to 29 years in prison for his involvement in a 2011 fatal crash. Antonio Vargas was previously convicted of all counts against him, including the vehicular homicide and aggravated manslaughter of Kevin Botta, 33, of Somers Point. Additionally, Vargas was sentenced to thousands of dollars in fines and a lifetime suspension of his driver’s license. Vargas becomes eligible for parole from state prison in 22 years and one month.
- 987 THE COAST ELECTION NIGHT RESULTS
- 4,000 BAGS OF HEROIN SEIZED IN ARREST
- MAN ARRESTED FOR HOUSING DRUG PRODUCTION FACILITY
- GAS PRICES DROP TEN CENTS IN A WEEK
- NORTH WILDWOOD COUNCIL TO MEET ON TUESDAY
- MAJOR REPAVING PROJECT ON ROUTE 9 IN MIDDLE TWP.
- STONE HARBOR TO INTRODUCE BIG ORDINANCES THIS WEEK
- OCEAN CITY FOOTBALL TEAM TO HONOR HEROES ON 9/11
- OCEAN CITY IN FINAL STAGES OF MAJOR BEACH FILL
- COURTS TOSS ANOTHER COMPLAINT BY DEMARZO
- TEACHER LATE 111 TIMES? I WAS HAVING BREAKFAST!