On January 30, 2011 at 3:12 am, an officer of the Sea Isle police department was flagged down by a citizen reporting that two assailants had robbed him at gun point while inside his residence. According to the complainant, the assailants used a ruse to get him to open the door, at which point one of the subjects, brandishing a handgun, forced his way into the residence and demanded money. At one point during the attack, the homeowner was struck in the head with the handgun and forced into a closet by one of the attackers while the other searched the residence for money. The two attackers eventually left the residence with two LCD TV’S a DVD player and the victim’s cell phone. The homeowner was eventually able to free himself and reported the attack to police. During the resulting investigation, two suspects identified as James Schneider and Mark Ferrari were subsequently arrested and charged with Robbery, Burglary, Theft and Conspiracy. Both were lodged in the Cape May County Jail in lieu of $200,000.00 bail. The investigation continues to be investigated by members of the Sea Isle City Police Detective Division and members of the Cape May County Prosecutor’s Office. Anyone having information regarding this case can contact the Sea Isle City Detective Bureau at (609)263-7132 or Cape May County Crime Stoppers at (609)465-2800.
- 987 THE COAST ELECTION NIGHT RESULTS
- THORNTON NEW PRESIDENT OF SOUTHERN NEW JERSEY FREEHOLDERS ASSOCIATION
- COUNTY INTRODUCES NEW BUDGET, TOTALS $152.6 MILLION
- FAMILY OF NJ STATE TROOPER TO RECEIVE $2.3 MILLION SETTLEMENT
- JANUARY RAINBOW AT THE SHORE? YEAH, WE GOT ONE!
- 22 YEAR OLD WOODBINE MAN BUSTED FOR SWAINTON HOME INVASION
- AVALON POLICE DEPARTMENT TO GET NEW CHIEF, CAPTAIN WEDNESDAY
- DENNIS TOWNSHIP COMMITTEE TO MEET, VARIOUS APPOINTMENTS TO BE MADE
- WILDWOOD CITY COMMISSION TO MEET WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON
- STONE HARBOR COMPLETES PROPERTY REVALUATION
- GOVERNOR: HOME DELIVERY OF MEDICAL POT CAN BE ON THE TABLE