On January 30, 2011 at 3:12 am, an officer of the Sea Isle police department was flagged down by a citizen reporting that two assailants had robbed him at gun point while inside his residence. According to the complainant, the assailants used a ruse to get him to open the door, at which point one of the subjects, brandishing a handgun, forced his way into the residence and demanded money. At one point during the attack, the homeowner was struck in the head with the handgun and forced into a closet by one of the attackers while the other searched the residence for money. The two attackers eventually left the residence with two LCD TV’S a DVD player and the victim’s cell phone. The homeowner was eventually able to free himself and reported the attack to police. During the resulting investigation, two suspects identified as James Schneider and Mark Ferrari were subsequently arrested and charged with Robbery, Burglary, Theft and Conspiracy. Both were lodged in the Cape May County Jail in lieu of $200,000.00 bail. The investigation continues to be investigated by members of the Sea Isle City Police Detective Division and members of the Cape May County Prosecutor’s Office. Anyone having information regarding this case can contact the Sea Isle City Detective Bureau at (609)263-7132 or Cape May County Crime Stoppers at (609)465-2800.
- 987 THE COAST ELECTION NIGHT RESULTS
- SUN NATIONAL BANK SELLING BRANCH, CONSOLIDATING OTHERS
- NO BACK UP PLAN IF STATE HAS TO MAKE PENSION PAYMENT THIS YEAR
- NEW JERSEY WAS COLDER THAN ANTARCTICA LAST WEEK
- NEW POLL SHOWS NEGATIVE OUTLOOK ON CHRISTIE BY VOTERS
- LAWMAKERS TOLD THEY NEED NEW FINANCIAL DRIVERS
- Spring Sale at North End Thrift in Villas!
- 25 STUDENTS NOW CHARGED IN A.C. HIGH SCHOOL BRAWL
- GAS LEAKS FORCE EVACUATIONS IN CAPE MAY
- WILDWOOD MAN CHARGED WITH ARSON, BURGLARY
- CAPE MAY TO HOLD MEETING TO FILL COUNCIL SEAT