The $350 million road project for the Route 72 causeway entrance to Long Beach Island goes out to bid on Thursday. The long-awaited project will include a new bridge parallel to the existing one, which will be improved to increase capacity and include a bike-way for both pedestrians and bicycles. Local officials have been lobbying for the upgrade for the past 10 years. The Manahawkin Bay Causeway provides the only vehicle access to LBI.
- 987 THE COAST ELECTION NIGHT RESULTS
- STATE IMMEDIATELY BANS HARVEST OF DIAMONDBACK TERRAPIN
- FEBRUARY IN NEW JERSEY: COLD AS….
- POWER OUTAGE HINDERS COMMUNICATIONS IN VINELAND
- REPORT: FOUR GOVS DON’T WANT BARR ON PINELANDS COMMISSION
- HOLY SPIRIT APOLOGIZES FOR STUDENTS’ BEHAVIOR AT GAME
- LOWER TWP. MAN KILLED IN MOTOR VEHICLE ACCIDENT
- NORTH WILDWOOD HAS LOWEST AVERAGE PROPERTY TAX OF ANY SHORE COMMUNITY IN STATE
- DIRTY BLOCK MEMBERS ADMITS TO DEALING HEROIN
- SHOOTING KILLS TWO IN ABSECON
- CANCELLATIONS AND DELAYS FOR MONDAY MARCH 2