Another Atlantic City casino could be closing. Senator Jim Whelan has told multiple media outlets that it is his understanding that Trump Plaza will close by the end of Sept. Notices are expected to go out to employees next week, providing them their mandated 60 days notice of closing. This is the third casino to close this year, including the Atlantic Club previously, and the Showboat on Aug. 31. Revel Casino could also close if a buyer can’t be found via a bankruptcy auction. Increased competition from Pennsylvania, Maryland, and now possibly New York next has hampered business in Atlantic City and caused major economic issues. Officially, Trump Casinos have no comment on the situation.
- 987 THE COAST ELECTION NIGHT RESULTS
- PENN STATE MISSES OUT ON PLAYOFF, WILL PLAY IN ROSE BOWL
- REPORT: MAN AIRLIFTED SATURDAY NIGHT AFTER WRECK IN LOWER TWP.
- FOOTBALL: MILLVILLE WINS TITLE, SPIRIT LOSES IN FINAL MINUTE
- TWO BUSTED FOR PIMPING OUT CHILD IN SOUTH JERSEY
- INMATE AT SOUTHERN STATE AIRLIFTED TO HOSPITAL AFTER FIGHT
- ACE TO HOLD PRESS CONFERENCE TO DISCUSS MERGER BENEFITS
- MIDDLE TOWNSHIP POLICE LAUNCH FREE MOBILE PHONE APP
- LARGEST CHRISTMAS PARADE IN THE COUNTY HAPPENS SATURDAY NIGHT
- ALLEGED ANGSTADT KILLERS WILL LIKELY FACE TRIAL
- FEDS, STATE TO STUDY BACK BAY FLOODING FOR THREE YEARS