Another Atlantic City casino could be closing. Senator Jim Whelan has told multiple media outlets that it is his understanding that Trump Plaza will close by the end of Sept. Notices are expected to go out to employees next week, providing them their mandated 60 days notice of closing. This is the third casino to close this year, including the Atlantic Club previously, and the Showboat on Aug. 31. Revel Casino could also close if a buyer can’t be found via a bankruptcy auction. Increased competition from Pennsylvania, Maryland, and now possibly New York next has hampered business in Atlantic City and caused major economic issues. Officially, Trump Casinos have no comment on the situation.
- 987 THE COAST ELECTION NIGHT RESULTS
- Barb & Steve’s Flight of Cheese: Merlot wine & cheese pairing!
- PHILLY MAN ROBS ATLANTIC CITY BANK FOR THE SECOND TIME
- TWO WEEK DEAL REACHED TO POWER FORMER REVEL CASINO
- SIX ATLANTIC COUNTY RESIDENTS ARRESTED ON DRUG CHARGES
- NAKED MAN SAFELY DESCENDED FROM HEIGHTS AT VINELAND ELECTRIC PLANT
- SENATE REPUBLICANS ROLL OUT 36-BILL PACKAGE TO SPUR JOB GROWTH
- COMMERCIAL FIRE TAKEN CARE OF AT OCEAN VIEW NURSING AND REHAB
- VENTNOR WOMAN SENTENCED TO 55 YEARS FOR HUSBAND’S MURDER
- EHT POLICE INVESTIGATING CREDIT CARD FRAUD
- WILDWOOD PASSES BUDGET WITH ZERO INCREASE