Another Atlantic City casino could be closing. Senator Jim Whelan has told multiple media outlets that it is his understanding that Trump Plaza will close by the end of Sept. Notices are expected to go out to employees next week, providing them their mandated 60 days notice of closing. This is the third casino to close this year, including the Atlantic Club previously, and the Showboat on Aug. 31. Revel Casino could also close if a buyer can’t be found via a bankruptcy auction. Increased competition from Pennsylvania, Maryland, and now possibly New York next has hampered business in Atlantic City and caused major economic issues. Officially, Trump Casinos have no comment on the situation.
- 987 THE COAST ELECTION NIGHT RESULTS
- EXTRA STATE TROOPERS WORKING DURING HOLIDAY
- FUGITIVE ROUNDED UP IN STONE HARBOR
- COURT HOUSE WOMAN CHARGED WITH BURGLARY IN STONE HARBOR
- SPORTS: GILBERT NAMED NEW BOYS SOCCER COACH AT MIDDLE TWP.
- AVALON RECEIVES BIG STATE GRANT FOR STREET CONSTRUCTION
- PARKWAY ACCIDENTS CLOG TRAFFIC FRIDAY IN CAPE MAY COUNTY
- 22 YEAR OLD MAN KILLED ON ROUTE 55 FRIDAY MORNING
- TWO CHARGED WITH DRUG DISTRIBUTION IN MIDDLE TOWNSHIP
- DEVELOPING STORY: DNA SAMPLE REQUESTED FROM KAUFFMAN’S HUSBAND
- NJ CONVENIENCE STORE CAUGHT SELLING POT, DRUG PRODUCTS