The New Jersey state trooper who was involved in an automobile accident that killed two sisters from Upper Township now has formal charges filed against him by his own police department. The website for the Press of Atlantic City reports that disciplinary charges have been brought against 38 year old Robert Higbee by the New Jersey State Police. The charges allege that Higbee should not have run a stop sign during a high speed motor vehicle pursuit. During that pursuit, Higbee’s car slammed into a van, killing two teenage sisters, Christina and Jacqueline Becker of Upper Township. The report says that Higbee currently works in the police department’s Casino Investigations Unit.
- 987 THE COAST ELECTION NIGHT RESULTS
- SO, A NAKED WOMAN WALKS INTO A WAWA STORE….
- VINELAND GIRL DIES IN ATV ACCIDENT OVER THE WEEKEND
- WAS IT A GOOD HOLIDAY WEEKEND? NO, IT WAS GREAT!
- REPORT: POTENTIAL DELAY IN PIPELINE APPLICATION
- SOUTH JERSEY CONNECTION TO WOMEN’S WORLS CUP TITLE
- UPDATE: BODY RECOVERED IN HEREFORD INLET IDENTIFIED
- WILDWOOD BEACH PATROLD SHOWS OFF NEW TOWER
- LOTTERY FOR STUDENT LOAN DEBT? ONE LAWMAKER PROPOSES IT
- CHRISTIE SAYS MEDIA SHOULD APOLOGIZE, AND POLL NUMBERS WILL GET BETTER
- MAZZEO TAKES SHOTS AT CHRISTIE FOR INACTION IN ATLANTIC CITY