A 19 year old man was shot to death by Pleasantville police last week after he came after officers with a knife. The Press of Atlantic City reports that authorities now say Alexis Yamil Perez called police and said he had a weapon and was ready to commit an act of violence. Perez and police got into an altercation, and Perez was shot to death. Four officers may have fired ten shots at Perez after attempts to ask him to drop the weapon and pepper spray failed to deter him.
- 987 THE COAST ELECTION NIGHT RESULTS
- YOUR ELECTRIC BILLS WILL INCREASE SLIGHTLY EFFECTIVE JUNE 1
- CHRISTIE COMMISSION RECOMMENDS CUTS TO PUBLIC WORKERS BENEFITS
- REPORT: SOME GAS LINES IN WILDWOOD CREST TO BE REPLACED
- LOCAL HEALTH OFFICIALS TALK PRECAUTIONS ON ZIKA VIRUS
- BILL TO HELP MILITARY FAMILIES AVOID FORECLOSURE ADVANCES
- VENTNOR MAN DIES AS RESULT OF BEATING
- UPDATE: PEDESTRIAN STRUCK AND KILLED ON RT. 30 IN GALLOWAY TWP.
- ACCIDENTAL CAUSE OF DEATH RULED FOR TWO BODIES FOUND IN RIO GRANDE WOODS
- GAS MAINS TO BE INSTALLED IN MIDDLE TWP. DELAYED A WEEK
- LOCAL WOMAN BUSTED FOR PASSING PHONY CASH