Ocean City Mayor Sal Perillo is not leaving office without controversy. On his final full day of being mayor of Ocean City, Perillo vetoed a bill that would have given pay raises for mayor and council in exchange for a reduction in health benefits. According to the website for the Press of Atlantic City, Perillo says the new ordinance would send the wrong message to four major labor unions in the city. Perillo will be replaced as mayor of Ocean City on Thursday by Jay Gillian.
- 987 THE COAST ELECTION NIGHT RESULTS
- BIG CROWDS AT THE SHORE, ATTEND MEMORIAL DAY EVENTS
- MORE LAYOFFS COMING TO ATLANTIC CITY SCHOOL DISTRICT
- GUNSHOTS FIRED DURING CAR CHASE IN WILDWOOD, MIDDLE TWP.
- TWO DEAD IN WEEKEND ACCIDENT IN MILLVILLE
- CHRISTIE PLACES MIDDLE OF THE PACK IN GOP STRAW POLL
- USS NEW JERSEY TO BE ADDED TO NAVY FLEET
- ACCIDENT ON ROUTE 42 CLAIMS A LIFE SATURDAY NIGHT
- STATE GAS PRICES DOWN NEARLY A DOLLAR VERSUS LAST MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND
- MIDDLE TOWNSHIP POLICE INVESTIGATE SHOOTING
- AVALON OPENS NEW DUNE AND BEACH PATH TRAIL