On Thanksgiving, more than 90 families in Cape May, Atlantic and Cumberland counties participated on “Operation Fireside”. The program is sponsored by the American Red Cross, and matches recruits at the U.S. Coast Guard Training Center in Cape May with local families who bring them into their homes for a home-cooked holiday meal. The program has been in effect since 1981. This year 226 Coast Guard recruits were treated to dinner by volunteer families.
- 987 THE COAST ELECTION NIGHT RESULTS
- EAGLES WIN DIVISION, MAY HAVE LOST QB WENTZ FOR SEASON
- NEW JERSEY EXTENDS BEAR HUNT BY FOUR DAYS
- SNOW, ICE CONTRIBUTE TO MOTOR VEHICLE CRASH IN HAMILTON TWP.
- LOWER TOWNSHIP ROTARY CANCELS ANNUAL CHRISTMAS PARADE
- WINTER STORM POSTPONES PINCH THE GRINCH 5K RUN ON SATURDAY
- COASTSPORTSTODAY.COM: OCHS SWIM TEAM HELPS FAMILIES IN NEED
- OCEAN CITY PLANS DRAINAGE PROJECT FOR NORTH END
- HAMILTON TOWNSHIP POLICE BUST TWO ON DRUG CHARGES DURING TRAFFIC STOP
- ACCIDENT ON ATLANTIC CITY EXPRESSWAY RESULTS IN SERIOUS INJURY
- OCEAN CITY POSTPONES 9TH STREET WORK UNTIL AFTER THE HOLIDAYS