The New Jersey Education Association is supporting the state’s effort in the federal “Race to the Top” program. The union had not supported the state during its first application. The NJEA is the largest teachers union in New Jersey. Districts that participate and help the state would receive $100,000 each at least, if New Jersey was selected as a winner. Race to the Top is a federal program designed to reward schools with forward thinking plans and good results in the classroom.
- 987 THE COAST ELECTION NIGHT RESULTS
- MIDDLE BOYS, GIRLS AND LOWER GIRLS ADVANCE
- SPORTS: MIDDLE TOWNSHIP GIRLS ADVANCE IN NJSIAA TOURNEY
- A MARCH SNOWSTORM IS POSSIBLE THURSDAY
- UPPER TOWNSHIP TO HAVE ZERO INCREASE IN TAX RATE
- STATE IMMEDIATELY BANS HARVEST OF DIAMONDBACK TERRAPIN
- FEBRUARY IN NEW JERSEY: COLD AS….
- POWER OUTAGE HINDERS COMMUNICATIONS IN VINELAND
- REPORT: FOUR GOVS DON’T WANT BARR ON PINELANDS COMMISSION
- HOLY SPIRIT APOLOGIZES FOR STUDENTS’ BEHAVIOR AT GAME
- LOWER TWP. MAN KILLED IN MOTOR VEHICLE ACCIDENT