No final deal could be done and 167 police officers are losing their job in Newark. The announcement became official on Monday. It is the biggest job decrease in that department in over 30 years. Mayor Cory Booker send an e-mail in a last ditch effort to try and revive talks. The union president there turned down that offer, making the layoffs official. The change is expected to save the city $9.5 million.
- 987 THE COAST ELECTION NIGHT RESULTS
- SEVERAL RESIDENTIAL BURGLARIES REPORTED IN HAMILTON TWP.
- MONMOUTH POLL SAYS CLINTON LEADS SANDERS FOR NEW JERSEY PRIMARY
- OCEAN CITY ARTS PATRON MARGARET LLOYD PASSES AT 102
- CREST MAN CHARGED WITH DISTRIBUTION OF CHILD PORNOGRAPHY
- REPORT: AVALON MANOR FISHING PIER CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
- NATURALIZATION CEREMONY HELD AT CONGRESS HALL
- COASTAL FLOOD ADVISORY POSTED FOR JERSEY SHORE TONIGHT
- SOME CHANGES COMING TO CAL SPORTS RULES NEXT SEASON
- MIDDLE TWP: FOX IN REEDS BEACH MAY HAVE RABIES
- FORMER LOWER CAPE MAY STAR MATT SZCZUR ON CUBS’ 15 DAY DL