Cape May County republicans have selected Marie Hayes to be the newest member of the Board of Chosen Freeholders. Republicans gathered on Wednesday evening and selected Hayes to fill the unexpired term of Susan Sheppard, who resigned her seat after winning the election for Cape May County Surrogate in November. Hayes outpolled Lower Township’s Stig Blomkvest 123-89. Hayes is from Ocean City, and she will be sworn in to her new office on Friday at Noon. She will serve on the board until December 31st.
- 987 THE COAST ELECTION NIGHT RESULTS
- REPORT: SO FAR, ONLY INCUMBENTS RUNNING IN WILDWOOD
- BODY WASHES UP ON NEW JERSEY BEACH
- WILL ERICKA BE A LABOR DAY WEEKEND HURRICANE IN NJ?
- GOODBYE, CHOCOLATE THUNDER: DARRYL DAWKINS PASSES
- COUPLE OF WEEKS LEFT TO GET SANDY CLAIMS REVIEWED
- OCEAN COUNTY MAN GIVEN JAIL SENTENCE FOR LURING JUVENILE
- BREWS BY THE BAY SAILS IN FOR ITS SECOND YEAR
- GRAND JURY INDICTS 18 FOR DRUG DISTRIBUTION
- CHRISTIE BACK IN TOP TEN OF NEW PRESIDENTIAL POLL
- BEACH CREEK DREDGING PROJECT TO BEGIN BEFORE MID-SEPTEMBER