Shotgun weddings could be coming to New Jersey. A couple of important Democratic leaders have proposed legislation to end a 72-hour waiting period for marriages in the state. Nearly 30 other states have no waiting period and there is some belief that this could help boost the state’s wedding business. Some worry that they would prefer that New Jersey does not become a haven to quickie marriages.
- 987 THE COAST ELECTION NIGHT RESULTS
- MAN INDICTED FOR KILLING MOM AND CHILD
- INDICTMENT HANDED DOWN IN 2014 MURDER
- BANK ROBBERY SUSPECT CHARGED IN FEDERAL COURT
- ATLANTIC CITY MAN SHOT DEAD, DEATH UNDER INVESTIGATION
- STATE POLICE SEEKING MISSING CHILD FROM BRIDGETON
- CHRISTIE TIED FOR 10TH IN LATEST OVERALL POLL
- CHRISTIE GETS ENDORSEMENT OF MAINE GOV.
- LENTZ RETIRES AS OCEAN CITY HS ATHLETIC DIRECTOR
- PAGLIUGHI, DEAN, COVINGTON BEGIN NEW TERMS OF OFFICE IN AVALON
- DESIDERIO SWORN IN AS MAYOR OF SEA ISLE CITY BY LT. GOVERNOR