Atlantic City Electric reports that 99 percent of power has been returned to its custoimers. The utility continues to ask customers to report an outage if they have one. The company continues to dispatch crews to localized outage areas in parts of southern New Jersey, where the extensive damage associated with these outages makes restoring service especially challenging. The majority of remaining outages affect individual customers. Heavily damaged areas where Atlantic City Electric continues to work on Wednesday included Glassboro, Bridgeton and Pleasantville. Atlantic City Electric expects to restore service to all of the estimated 145,000 customers who were impacted by the hurricane by midnight Thursday. However, most of the remaining customers without power will have their service restored before that time. Customers can report outages at 1-800-833-7476.
- 987 THE COAST ELECTION NIGHT RESULTS
- COASTAL FLOOD WARNING, WIND ADVISORY, FLASH FLOODING POSSIBLE
- HS FOOTBALL: WILDWOOD BATTLES LOWER, MIDDLE LONG ROAD TRIP
- VILLAS MAN CHARGED WITH ATTEMPTED MURDER IN DRUG DEAL GONE BAD
- CHRISTIE: WOMAN KILLED STANDING ON PLATFORM IN TRAIN ACCIDENT
- LOBIONDO: FEDERALLY AUTHORIZED BEACH PROJECTS LOCALLY NOW HAVE FUNDING
- UPDATE: ONE PERSON CONFIRMED DEAD, 108 INJURED IN HOBOKEN TRAIN CRASH
- FIRE STRIKES HOUSE IN GALLOWAY TWP.
- SEA TURTLE RESCUED IN AVALON ON THE MEND
- FREE RABIES CLINIC SATURDAY IN MIDDLE TOWNSHIP
- HUGE NEW JERSEY DUNE PROJECT GOING OUT TO BID