The great weather of this past Memorial Day Weekend translated into big business for the Jersey Shore. The Press of Atlantic City surveyed local business owners and public officials and everyone had a good story to tell. They credited the success with high temperatures and sunny conditions that drove people to the beaches and kept them there throughout the weekend. Volume on the Atlantic City Expressway into Atlantic City showed an increase of 4 percent over last year, and other shore traffic increased by as much 6 percent. Resorts Casino Hotel said their room revenue was up by 50 percent over 2011.
- 987 THE COAST ELECTION NIGHT RESULTS
- BORGATA: NO MORE TAXES TO AC UNTIL WE GET OVER $62 MILLION
- SEA ISLE TO UNVEIL 2016 MUNICIPAL BUDGET ON TUESDAY
- GAS MAINS TO BE INSTALLED IN MIDDLE TOWNSHIP DEVELOPMENT
- BOOKER, MENENDEZ PLAN WILL PREVENT SEISMIC TESTING OFF NJ COAST
- MAN TRIES TO HAND DELIVER A MOP TO CHRISTIE IN NEW HAMPSHIRE
- IS THE END NEAR? CHRISTIE’S POLL NUMBERS PLUMMET IN NEW HAMPSHIRE
- Super Bowl “Soup Party” at Cape Christian Academy
- ABSECON COUNCILMAN DAN CAMP PASSES AWAY
- SNOW CONTINUES TO MAKE ROADS SLIPPERY, MORE SNOW NEXT WEEK?
- 34,000 MORE PEOPLE HAVE HEALTH INSURANCE IN NEW JERSEY