A man who was arrested in Lower Township ended up dead. The Cape May County Prosecutor’s Office and the Lower Township Police Department say that James O’Neill was observed trying to break into a home on the 600 block of Wayne Ave in North Cape May. He had cuts on his arm from a broken window. The 40-year-old resisted arrest and the Lower Township Rescue were called in because of mental health issues. Attempts to revive O’Neill at the Cape Regional Medical Center were unsuccessful. O’Neill was being charged with aggravated assault on a police officer, resisting arrest, and terroristic threats. The Prosecutor’s Office is reviewing the case.
- 987 THE COAST ELECTION NIGHT RESULTS
- MIDDLE BOYS, GIRLS AND LOWER GIRLS ADVANCE
- SPORTS: MIDDLE TOWNSHIP GIRLS ADVANCE IN NJSIAA TOURNEY
- A MARCH SNOWSTORM IS POSSIBLE THURSDAY
- UPPER TOWNSHIP TO HAVE ZERO INCREASE IN TAX RATE
- STATE IMMEDIATELY BANS HARVEST OF DIAMONDBACK TERRAPIN
- FEBRUARY IN NEW JERSEY: COLD AS….
- POWER OUTAGE HINDERS COMMUNICATIONS IN VINELAND
- REPORT: FOUR GOVS DON’T WANT BARR ON PINELANDS COMMISSION
- HOLY SPIRIT APOLOGIZES FOR STUDENTS’ BEHAVIOR AT GAME
- LOWER TWP. MAN KILLED IN MOTOR VEHICLE ACCIDENT