A man who was arrested in Lower Township ended up dead. The Cape May County Prosecutor’s Office and the Lower Township Police Department say that James O’Neill was observed trying to break into a home on the 600 block of Wayne Ave in North Cape May. He had cuts on his arm from a broken window. The 40-year-old resisted arrest and the Lower Township Rescue were called in because of mental health issues. Attempts to revive O’Neill at the Cape Regional Medical Center were unsuccessful. O’Neill was being charged with aggravated assault on a police officer, resisting arrest, and terroristic threats. The Prosecutor’s Office is reviewing the case.
- 987 THE COAST ELECTION NIGHT RESULTS
- Cape May Tech Job Fair
- STATE POLICE INVESTIGATING TRAFFIC ACCIDENT ON ROUTE 9 IN UPPER TWP.
- HAMILTON TWP. POLICE WARNING PUBLIC ABOUT PHONE SCAM
- WILDWOOD MAN BUSTED WITH 337 BAGS OF HEROIN, MARIJUANA
- REPORT: P!NK TO PLAY IN ATLANTIC CITY THIS SUMMER
- Benefit For The Family Of David Mattera
- STONE HARBOR’S 96TH STREET BRIDGE TO CLOSE OVERNIGHTS FOR REPAIRS
- COUNTY HOPEFUL TOWNSEND’S INLET BRIDGE OPENS BY MEMORIAL DAY
- AVALON COUNCIL MEETS TONIGHT, DISCUSSING PIER, ALCOHOL
- WEST CAPE MAY BOROUGH COMMISSION TO MEET THIS EVENING