Avalon Police have charged a 39-year old man from Sea Isle City with various offenses following a two week investigation involving the fraudulent use of a credit card. On Tuesday, April 27th, Avalon Police arrested and charged Shane Libbey, 39, of Sea Isle City on charges that he swindled an elderly Avalon resident out of more than $45,000 through the unauthorized use of the victim’s credit card, which was connected to her money market fund. Libbey was charged with the following offenses: fraudulent use of a credit card (multiple counts) impersonation (identity theft), and theft. Libbey was placed in the Cape May County Jail on $50,000 bail.
- 987 THE COAST ELECTION NIGHT RESULTS
- SO, A NAKED WOMAN WALKS INTO A WAWA STORE….
- VINELAND GIRL DIES IN ATV ACCIDENT OVER THE WEEKEND
- WAS IT A GOOD HOLIDAY WEEKEND? NO, IT WAS GREAT!
- REPORT: POTENTIAL DELAY IN PIPELINE APPLICATION
- SOUTH JERSEY CONNECTION TO WOMEN’S WORLS CUP TITLE
- UPDATE: BODY RECOVERED IN HEREFORD INLET IDENTIFIED
- WILDWOOD BEACH PATROLD SHOWS OFF NEW TOWER
- LOTTERY FOR STUDENT LOAN DEBT? ONE LAWMAKER PROPOSES IT
- CHRISTIE SAYS MEDIA SHOULD APOLOGIZE, AND POLL NUMBERS WILL GET BETTER
- MAZZEO TAKES SHOTS AT CHRISTIE FOR INACTION IN ATLANTIC CITY