Avalon Police have charged a 39-year old man from Sea Isle City with various offenses following a two week investigation involving the fraudulent use of a credit card. On Tuesday, April 27th, Avalon Police arrested and charged Shane Libbey, 39, of Sea Isle City on charges that he swindled an elderly Avalon resident out of more than $45,000 through the unauthorized use of the victim’s credit card, which was connected to her money market fund. Libbey was charged with the following offenses: fraudulent use of a credit card (multiple counts) impersonation (identity theft), and theft. Libbey was placed in the Cape May County Jail on $50,000 bail.
- 987 THE COAST ELECTION NIGHT RESULTS
- REPORT: SO FAR, ONLY INCUMBENTS RUNNING IN WILDWOOD
- BODY WASHES UP ON NEW JERSEY BEACH
- WILL ERICKA BE A LABOR DAY WEEKEND HURRICANE IN NJ?
- GOODBYE, CHOCOLATE THUNDER: DARRYL DAWKINS PASSES
- COUPLE OF WEEKS LEFT TO GET SANDY CLAIMS REVIEWED
- OCEAN COUNTY MAN GIVEN JAIL SENTENCE FOR LURING JUVENILE
- BREWS BY THE BAY SAILS IN FOR ITS SECOND YEAR
- GRAND JURY INDICTS 18 FOR DRUG DISTRIBUTION
- CHRISTIE BACK IN TOP TEN OF NEW PRESIDENTIAL POLL
- BEACH CREEK DREDGING PROJECT TO BEGIN BEFORE MID-SEPTEMBER