Avalon Police have charged a 39-year old man from Sea Isle City with various offenses following a two week investigation involving the fraudulent use of a credit card. On Tuesday, April 27th, Avalon Police arrested and charged Shane Libbey, 39, of Sea Isle City on charges that he swindled an elderly Avalon resident out of more than $45,000 through the unauthorized use of the victim’s credit card, which was connected to her money market fund. Libbey was charged with the following offenses: fraudulent use of a credit card (multiple counts) impersonation (identity theft), and theft. Libbey was placed in the Cape May County Jail on $50,000 bail.
- 987 THE COAST ELECTION NIGHT RESULTS
- Barb & Steve’s Flight of Cheese: Merlot wine & cheese pairing!
- PHILLY MAN ROBS ATLANTIC CITY BANK FOR THE SECOND TIME
- TWO WEEK DEAL REACHED TO POWER FORMER REVEL CASINO
- SIX ATLANTIC COUNTY RESIDENTS ARRESTED ON DRUG CHARGES
- NAKED MAN SAFELY DESCENDED FROM HEIGHTS AT VINELAND ELECTRIC PLANT
- SENATE REPUBLICANS ROLL OUT 36-BILL PACKAGE TO SPUR JOB GROWTH
- COMMERCIAL FIRE TAKEN CARE OF AT OCEAN VIEW NURSING AND REHAB
- VENTNOR WOMAN SENTENCED TO 55 YEARS FOR HUSBAND’S MURDER
- EHT POLICE INVESTIGATING CREDIT CARD FRAUD
- WILDWOOD PASSES BUDGET WITH ZERO INCREASE