Avalon Police have charged a 39-year old man from Sea Isle City with various offenses following a two week investigation involving the fraudulent use of a credit card. On Tuesday, April 27th, Avalon Police arrested and charged Shane Libbey, 39, of Sea Isle City on charges that he swindled an elderly Avalon resident out of more than $45,000 through the unauthorized use of the victim’s credit card, which was connected to her money market fund. Libbey was charged with the following offenses: fraudulent use of a credit card (multiple counts) impersonation (identity theft), and theft. Libbey was placed in the Cape May County Jail on $50,000 bail.
- 987 THE COAST ELECTION NIGHT RESULTS
- 224 BAGS OF HEROIN FOUND IN MIDDLE TOWNSHIP MOTEL ROOM
- LOWER TOWNSHIP POLICE BUST TWO ON DWI, DRUG OFFENSES
- AUTHORITIES RESPOND TO HAZMAT SCENE IN MIDDLE TOWNSHIP
- JEWELRY STOLEN FROM HOME, PAWNED, TWO MEN ARRESTED IN LOWER TWP.
- 15 BEACHES CLOSED IN NEW JERSEY, NONE IN CAPE MAY COUNTY
- KLINE TO BE HELD UNTIL TRIAL, NEXT COURT DATE IN SEPTEMBER
- REPORT: LOCAL CHILD PORN SUSPECT NOW CHARGED IN FLORIDA
- WILDWOOD POLICE INVESTIGATING ARMED ROBBERY AT FUDGE SHOP LOT
- LEGISLATURE TO ADDRESS FUTURE GOVERNMENT SHUTDOWNS
- LOBIONDO SECURES FUNDING FOR MILLVILLE AIRPORT