Avalon Police have charged a 39-year old man from Sea Isle City with various offenses following a two week investigation involving the fraudulent use of a credit card. On Tuesday, April 27th, Avalon Police arrested and charged Shane Libbey, 39, of Sea Isle City on charges that he swindled an elderly Avalon resident out of more than $45,000 through the unauthorized use of the victim’s credit card, which was connected to her money market fund. Libbey was charged with the following offenses: fraudulent use of a credit card (multiple counts) impersonation (identity theft), and theft. Libbey was placed in the Cape May County Jail on $50,000 bail.
- 987 THE COAST ELECTION NIGHT RESULTS
- McCRACKEN SORES 1,000TH POINT FOR WILDWOOD GIRLS BASKETBALL TEAM
- FLOOD ADVISORY, FLOOD WATCH FOR JERSEY SHORE MONDAY AND TUESDAY
- ATLANTIC COUNTY WITH FIRST CONFIRMED CASE OF RABIES IN 2016
- ADDITIONAL POLLS SHOW CHRISTIE FALLING IN THE POLLS
- (VIDEO) RUBIO AND CHRISTIE GO AT IT, INCLUDING CHRISTIE’S RESPONSE TO JONAS
- FIRE DESTROYS BAR IN MILLVILLE SATURDAY NIGHT
- CAPE MAY COUNTY HAS SECOND LOWEST PROPERTY TAXES IN NJ
- SPORTS: WILDWOOD CATHOLIC BOYS KNOCK OFF MIDDLE TWP.
- GAS PRICES CONTINUE TO DROP IN THE GARDEN STATE
- REPORT: GREAT NOR’EASTER COASTER GETTING FACELIFT