Lower Township Council approved an ordinance to exempt disabled veterans or their caretakers from construction permit fees for work related to improving accessibility inside and outside their homes on Aug. 4. Councilmember Tom Conrad, who proposed the ordinance, said disabled veterans gave enough and should not have to bear the costs of construction fees for improvements to their homes that aid their accessibility. The ordinance is based on pending Assembly Bill 2299, which is state legislation proposed by war veteran and Assemblyman Robert Andrzejczak, D-Cape May, Cumberland, Atlantic.
- 987 THE COAST ELECTION NIGHT RESULTS
- MAN INDICTED FOR KILLING MOM AND CHILD
- INDICTMENT HANDED DOWN IN 2014 MURDER
- BANK ROBBERY SUSPECT CHARGED IN FEDERAL COURT
- ATLANTIC CITY MAN SHOT DEAD, DEATH UNDER INVESTIGATION
- STATE POLICE SEEKING MISSING CHILD FROM BRIDGETON
- CHRISTIE TIED FOR 10TH IN LATEST OVERALL POLL
- CHRISTIE GETS ENDORSEMENT OF MAINE GOV.
- LENTZ RETIRES AS OCEAN CITY HS ATHLETIC DIRECTOR
- PAGLIUGHI, DEAN, COVINGTON BEGIN NEW TERMS OF OFFICE IN AVALON
- DESIDERIO SWORN IN AS MAYOR OF SEA ISLE CITY BY LT. GOVERNOR