A breakdown in communication left Rutgers University with two commencement speakers and one upset former player. Eric LeGrand, the football player who was paralyzed on the field in 2010, says he accepted the school’s apology after the situation was explained to him. Both Former Gov. Tom Kean and LeGrand were reached out to by the school for the position of commencement speaker. LeGrand was then told he was bumped for Kean. School President Robert Barachi spoke with LeGrand and while Kean is the keynote speaker, LeGrand will be allowed however much time he needs to give an additional speech at commencement.
- 987 THE COAST ELECTION NIGHT RESULTS
- LONGTIME STATE SENATOR LEN CONNORS, 87
- STUDENTS WHO DIE NO LONGER HAVE TO PAY BACK STUDENT LOANS
- FEMA GIVES STATE MORE TIME TO DREDGE FOLLOWING SANDY
- CHRISTIE VETOES BILL THAT WOULD LIMIT SOLITARY CONFINEMENT
- PENNSYLVANIA MAN BUSTED FOR CRIME SPREE IN MIDDLE, LOWER TWPS.
- CHRISTIE APPLAUDS DEAL BETWEEN ATLANTIC CITY ELECTRIC, EXELON
- 17-YEAR-OLD SUCCUMBS TO INJURIES FROM SATURDAY ACCIDENT
- FOUR JUVENILES CHARGED WITH CAR, HOME BURGLARIES IN LOWER TWP.
- REPORT: HORSES RUNNING FREE ON AC EXPRESSWAY CAUSED ACCIDENT
- BORGATA OFFICIAL SAYS THINGS WILL START GETTING BETTER IN ATLANTIC CITY