A breakdown in communication left Rutgers University with two commencement speakers and one upset former player. Eric LeGrand, the football player who was paralyzed on the field in 2010, says he accepted the school’s apology after the situation was explained to him. Both Former Gov. Tom Kean and LeGrand were reached out to by the school for the position of commencement speaker. LeGrand was then told he was bumped for Kean. School President Robert Barachi spoke with LeGrand and while Kean is the keynote speaker, LeGrand will be allowed however much time he needs to give an additional speech at commencement.
- 987 THE COAST ELECTION NIGHT RESULTS
- STOCKTON TRIES TO KILL DEAL WITH STRAUB REGARDING SHOWBOAT
- YEAH, WE DID IT: MANCO AND MANCO OWNERS PLEAD GUILTY
- CAPE MAY COUNTY AWARDED TOP 5 BEACHES IN STATE
- MAN INDICTED FOR KILLING MOM AND CHILD
- INDICTMENT HANDED DOWN IN 2014 MURDER
- BANK ROBBERY SUSPECT CHARGED IN FEDERAL COURT
- ATLANTIC CITY MAN SHOT DEAD, DEATH UNDER INVESTIGATION
- STATE POLICE SEEKING MISSING CHILD FROM BRIDGETON
- CHRISTIE TIED FOR 10TH IN LATEST OVERALL POLL
- CHRISTIE GETS ENDORSEMENT OF MAINE GOV.