A breakdown in communication left Rutgers University with two commencement speakers and one upset former player. Eric LeGrand, the football player who was paralyzed on the field in 2010, says he accepted the school’s apology after the situation was explained to him. Both Former Gov. Tom Kean and LeGrand were reached out to by the school for the position of commencement speaker. LeGrand was then told he was bumped for Kean. School President Robert Barachi spoke with LeGrand and while Kean is the keynote speaker, LeGrand will be allowed however much time he needs to give an additional speech at commencement.
- 987 THE COAST ELECTION NIGHT RESULTS
- BORGATA: NO MORE TAXES TO AC UNTIL WE GET OVER $62 MILLION
- SEA ISLE TO UNVEIL 2016 MUNICIPAL BUDGET ON TUESDAY
- GAS MAINS TO BE INSTALLED IN MIDDLE TOWNSHIP DEVELOPMENT
- BOOKER, MENENDEZ PLAN WILL PREVENT SEISMIC TESTING OFF NJ COAST
- MAN TRIES TO HAND DELIVER A MOP TO CHRISTIE IN NEW HAMPSHIRE
- IS THE END NEAR? CHRISTIE’S POLL NUMBERS PLUMMET IN NEW HAMPSHIRE
- Super Bowl “Soup Party” at Cape Christian Academy
- ABSECON COUNCILMAN DAN CAMP PASSES AWAY
- SNOW CONTINUES TO MAKE ROADS SLIPPERY, MORE SNOW NEXT WEEK?
- 34,000 MORE PEOPLE HAVE HEALTH INSURANCE IN NEW JERSEY