Lawmakers in Trenton are considering a bi-partisan bill that would make it likely you would face jail time if a gun is stolen. The law currently reads that thefts under $75,000 would be presumed to not bring jail time for first time offenders. Because guns being stolen can lead to violent crimes, the bill aims at removing that piece of the law. Lawmakers on both sides of the aisle believe this sends a message to criminals that if you steal a gun in the state, you will likely be going to jail.
- 987 THE COAST ELECTION NIGHT RESULTS
- SO, A NAKED WOMAN WALKS INTO A WAWA STORE….
- VINELAND GIRL DIES IN ATV ACCIDENT OVER THE WEEKEND
- WAS IT A GOOD HOLIDAY WEEKEND? NO, IT WAS GREAT!
- REPORT: POTENTIAL DELAY IN PIPELINE APPLICATION
- SOUTH JERSEY CONNECTION TO WOMEN’S WORLS CUP TITLE
- UPDATE: BODY RECOVERED IN HEREFORD INLET IDENTIFIED
- WILDWOOD BEACH PATROLD SHOWS OFF NEW TOWER
- LOTTERY FOR STUDENT LOAN DEBT? ONE LAWMAKER PROPOSES IT
- CHRISTIE SAYS MEDIA SHOULD APOLOGIZE, AND POLL NUMBERS WILL GET BETTER
- MAZZEO TAKES SHOTS AT CHRISTIE FOR INACTION IN ATLANTIC CITY