South Jersey was blessed with an extremely warm summer. The months of June through August were the warmest on record in Atlantic City. The average temperature was 77.50 degrees. The previous warmest Summer on record occurred in 2005, when the average temperature was 75.83 degrees. Also, 2010 is the fifth driest meteorological summer on record with 5.92 inches of precipitation. The driest summer on record occurred in 1943, when 4.83 inches of precipitation fell. This August, was the fourth warmest August on record with an average temperature of 76.9 degrees. The warmest August on record occurred in 2005, when the average temperature was 77.9 degrees.
- 987 THE COAST ELECTION NIGHT RESULTS
- SMOKING BAN ON PUBLIC BEACHES MAY BE COMING
- WILDWOOD CREST LOOKING TO HIRE ADMINISTRATOR
- MIDDLE TOWNSHIP COPS BUST TWO ON HEROIN CHARGES
- APPROVED! LEGISLATURE APPROVES AC RESCUE BILLS
- $1 MILLION VILLAS LOTTERY WINNERS CLAIM PRIZE
- SEN. BECK TO INTRODUCE LAW TO PUMP MONEY INTO ROAD PROJECTS
- GOVERNOR TO CONSIDER BAN ON DIAMONDBACK TERRAPIN HARVESTING
- MIDDLE TOWNSHIP POLICE OPEN NEW SUBSTATION IN RIO GRANDE
- STATE UNVEILS ACCESS MAP FOR ALL NEW JERSEY BEACHES
- HOLIDAY WEATHER? AIR WILL BE DRY AND WARM, OCEAN…BRR!