South Jersey was blessed with an extremely warm summer. The months of June through August were the warmest on record in Atlantic City. The average temperature was 77.50 degrees. The previous warmest Summer on record occurred in 2005, when the average temperature was 75.83 degrees. Also, 2010 is the fifth driest meteorological summer on record with 5.92 inches of precipitation. The driest summer on record occurred in 1943, when 4.83 inches of precipitation fell. This August, was the fourth warmest August on record with an average temperature of 76.9 degrees. The warmest August on record occurred in 2005, when the average temperature was 77.9 degrees.
- 987 THE COAST ELECTION NIGHT RESULTS
- EAGLES WIN DIVISION, MAY HAVE LOST QB WENTZ FOR SEASON
- NEW JERSEY EXTENDS BEAR HUNT BY FOUR DAYS
- SNOW, ICE CONTRIBUTE TO MOTOR VEHICLE CRASH IN HAMILTON TWP.
- LOWER TOWNSHIP ROTARY CANCELS ANNUAL CHRISTMAS PARADE
- WINTER STORM POSTPONES PINCH THE GRINCH 5K RUN ON SATURDAY
- COASTSPORTSTODAY.COM: OCHS SWIM TEAM HELPS FAMILIES IN NEED
- OCEAN CITY PLANS DRAINAGE PROJECT FOR NORTH END
- HAMILTON TOWNSHIP POLICE BUST TWO ON DRUG CHARGES DURING TRAFFIC STOP
- ACCIDENT ON ATLANTIC CITY EXPRESSWAY RESULTS IN SERIOUS INJURY
- OCEAN CITY POSTPONES 9TH STREET WORK UNTIL AFTER THE HOLIDAYS