After a first-degree murder indictment in June of 2010, an accused man will finally stand trial for his crime. On Wednesday Superior Court Judge Raymond Batten ruled that Alberto Martinez of Wildwood is competent to stand trial for the baseball bat murder of 19 year-old Vincent DeSario, who was visiting Wildwood with friends in May of 2010. Psychiatrist Dr. Bonard Moises told the court that Martinez understands the role of the judge, jury, lawers, and understands the charges against him. Martinez suffers from schizophrenia and is being held in a psychiatric facility. No trial date has been set but an evidential hearing will be held in February.
- 987 THE COAST ELECTION NIGHT RESULTS
- JUDGE SAYS NO LASER BEAM MESSAGES BY UNION ONTO CASINOS
- REPORT: OCEAN CITY PRIMARY SCHOOL RENOVATIONS NEARLY DONE
- OCEAN CITY MAKES CHANGE TO ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE
- 18 LOCALS INDICTED IN MAJOR CAPE MAY COUNTY DRUG BUST
- REPORT: SO FAR, ONLY INCUMBENTS RUNNING IN WILDWOOD
- BODY WASHES UP ON NEW JERSEY BEACH
- WILL ERICKA BE A LABOR DAY WEEKEND HURRICANE IN NJ?
- GOODBYE, CHOCOLATE THUNDER: DARRYL DAWKINS PASSES
- COUPLE OF WEEKS LEFT TO GET SANDY CLAIMS REVIEWED
- OCEAN COUNTY MAN GIVEN JAIL SENTENCE FOR LURING JUVENILE