After a first-degree murder indictment in June of 2010, an accused man will finally stand trial for his crime. On Wednesday Superior Court Judge Raymond Batten ruled that Alberto Martinez of Wildwood is competent to stand trial for the baseball bat murder of 19 year-old Vincent DeSario, who was visiting Wildwood with friends in May of 2010. Psychiatrist Dr. Bonard Moises told the court that Martinez understands the role of the judge, jury, lawers, and understands the charges against him. Martinez suffers from schizophrenia and is being held in a psychiatric facility. No trial date has been set but an evidential hearing will be held in February.
- 987 THE COAST ELECTION NIGHT RESULTS
- DISCUSSION TAKES PLACE REGARDING DOG PARK AT CAPE MAY AIRPORT
- LAWMAKERS ATTEMPTING BILL TO HAVE CHRISTIE RESIGN
- WOODBINE RECEIVES GRANT FUNDING FOR BIKEWAY IMPROVEMENT
- SO, A NAKED WOMAN WALKS INTO A WAWA STORE….
- VINELAND GIRL DIES IN ATV ACCIDENT OVER THE WEEKEND
- WAS IT A GOOD HOLIDAY WEEKEND? NO, IT WAS GREAT!
- REPORT: POTENTIAL DELAY IN PIPELINE APPLICATION
- SOUTH JERSEY CONNECTION TO WOMEN’S WORLS CUP TITLE
- UPDATE: BODY RECOVERED IN HEREFORD INLET IDENTIFIED
- WILDWOOD BEACH PATROL SHOWS OFF NEW TOWER