After more than 19 years of evading capture, Alejandro Arguedas-Aranda was taken into custody by Spanish authorities yesterday where he is currently being held. He is awaiting extradition proceedings that will bring him back to the United States for prosecution. Alejandro Arguedas-Aranda, 64, originally resided in Atlantic City. In 1994, a warrant was issued for his arrest on charges consisting of sexual assault, aggravated sexual assault, endangering the welfare of a child, and child abuse, but Arguedas-Aranda could never be found. The victim was a then 6 year old girl.
- 987 THE COAST ELECTION NIGHT RESULTS
- SUN NATIONAL BANK SELLING BRANCH, CONSOLIDATING OTHERS
- NO BACK UP PLAN IF STATE HAS TO MAKE PENSION PAYMENT THIS YEAR
- NEW JERSEY WAS COLDER THAN ANTARCTICA LAST WEEK
- NEW POLL SHOWS NEGATIVE OUTLOOK ON CHRISTIE BY VOTERS
- LAWMAKERS TOLD THEY NEED NEW FINANCIAL DRIVERS
- Spring Sale at North End Thrift in Villas!
- 25 STUDENTS NOW CHARGED IN A.C. HIGH SCHOOL BRAWL
- GAS LEAKS FORCE EVACUATIONS IN CAPE MAY
- WILDWOOD MAN CHARGED WITH ARSON, BURGLARY
- CAPE MAY TO HOLD MEETING TO FILL COUNCIL SEAT