The following are updates on damages that took place as a result of Hurricane Irene and the status of those projects in Cape May County.
* 34th Street (CR623) and Bay Avenue (CR656) in Ocean City traffic
signal damaged. This has been repaired.
* 96th Street Bridge between Middle Township and Stone Harbor
traffic gate broken. This is being repaired.
* Mill Road (CR550) in Upper Township drainage pipe and road
shoulder damages. This area has been blocked off with cones.
* Malibu Beach in Egg Harbor Township parking lot erosion of surface
materials of the parking lot and around the guide rail posts.
* Ocean Drive (CR619) in Upper Township between Rush Chattin Bridge
and Corsons Inlet Bridge sand, rocks and debris in roadway. This has been
* Beach Avenue (CR604) in Cape May City sand covering roadway near
Wilmington Avenue. Cape May City has cleaned this up.
* Lots of downed trees and debris throughout the County. County
crews continue to address this issue.
* Pickle Pond Dam in Dennis Township had several large limbs, They
have been removed.
* Electrical issues at the Middle Thorofare Bridge in Lower
Township. County personnel are working on this issue. However we are
waiting for AC Electric to repair lines to the bridge.