The crew of the Coast Guard Cutter Mako assisted two boaters Monday aboard a disabled sailing vessel 72 miles east of Cape May. Watchstanders at Coast Guard Sector Delaware Bay in Philadelphia received notification from the two boaters their sailboat was out of fuel and drifting due to lack of wind. The crew of the Mako diverted to assist a 67-year-old man and a 62-year-old woman aboard the 44-foot, U.S.-flagged sailboat Callahan. The crew arrived on scene at 6 p.m. and refueled the sailboat with 20 gallons of diesel fuel, which was enough to get the Callahan to the closest port to obtain additional fuel.
- 987 THE COAST ELECTION NIGHT RESULTS
- ATLANTIC CITY ELECTRIC, EXELON CONTINUE MERGER TALKS
- MIDDLE TOWNSHIP POLICE LOOKING FOR RUNAWAY TEEN
- CAPE MAY COUNTY BEACHES REMAINED OPEN ALL SUMMER
- 4,000 BAGS OF HEROIN SEIZED IN ARREST
- MAN ARRESTED FOR HOUSING DRUG PRODUCTION FACILITY
- GAS PRICES DROP TEN CENTS IN A WEEK
- NORTH WILDWOOD COUNCIL TO MEET ON TUESDAY
- MAJOR REPAVING PROJECT ON ROUTE 9 IN MIDDLE TWP.
- STONE HARBOR TO INTRODUCE BIG ORDINANCES THIS WEEK
- OCEAN CITY FOOTBALL TEAM TO HONOR HEROES ON 9/11