Being governor in New Jersey is powerful, but not powerful enough for Chris Christie. Christie is proposing legislation that would give him more veto power over boards and commissions in the state. Certain groups, like the Passaic Valley Sewerage Commission, were able to abuse their power and were unchecked by gubernatorial veto. Most water and sewage commissions do not fall under Christie’s power.
- 987 THE COAST ELECTION NIGHT RESULTS
- UPDATE: ONE PERSON CONFIRMED DEAD, 108 INJURED IN HOBOKEN TRAIN CRASH
- FIRE STRIKES HOUSE IN GALLOWAY TWP.
- SEA TURTLE RESCUED IN AVALON ON THE MEND
- FREE RABIES CLINIC SATURDAY IN MIDDLE TOWNSHIP
- HUGE NEW JERSEY DUNE PROJECT GOING OUT TO BID
- COASTAL FLOOD WARNING POSTED FOR CAPE MAY COUNTY
- DEVELOPING STORY: AT LEAST THREE DEAD IN NEW JERSEY TRANSIT TRAIN CRASH
- AVALON DISCUSSES SHIFTING SANDS ON BOROUGH’S BEACHFRONT
- VAN DREW NOT SATISFIED WITH VERIZON’S RURAL PLAN
- MISSING MIDDLE TWP. TEENAGER FOUND SAFE