Being governor in New Jersey is powerful, but not powerful enough for Chris Christie. Christie is proposing legislation that would give him more veto power over boards and commissions in the state. Certain groups, like the Passaic Valley Sewerage Commission, were able to abuse their power and were unchecked by gubernatorial veto. Most water and sewage commissions do not fall under Christie’s power.
- 987 THE COAST ELECTION NIGHT RESULTS
- CAPE MAY COUNTY HOLDS MEMORIAL DAY CEREMONY
- BIG CROWDS AT THE SHORE, ATTEND MEMORIAL DAY EVENTS
- MORE LAYOFFS COMING TO ATLANTIC CITY SCHOOL DISTRICT
- GUNSHOTS FIRED DURING CAR CHASE IN WILDWOOD, MIDDLE TWP.
- TWO DEAD IN WEEKEND ACCIDENT IN MILLVILLE
- CHRISTIE PLACES MIDDLE OF THE PACK IN GOP STRAW POLL
- USS NEW JERSEY TO BE ADDED TO NAVY FLEET
- ACCIDENT ON ROUTE 42 CLAIMS A LIFE SATURDAY NIGHT
- STATE GAS PRICES DOWN NEARLY A DOLLAR VERSUS LAST MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND
- MIDDLE TOWNSHIP POLICE INVESTIGATE SHOOTING