The Press of Atlantic City reports that a new casino is opening Friday at the Aqueduct Racetrack in New York City. The $830 million project is called Resorts World Casino New York City, with 2,280 video slot machines and 205 electronic table games. In December, owners plan to open a special-events center and concert hall with a Central Park theme. The new casino is expected to take away another chunk of gamblers from Atlantic City, already reeling from competition in Pennsylvania and Delaware. Atlantic City’s gaming industry has lost over 30 per cent of it’s annual gaming revenue since 2006.
- 987 THE COAST ELECTION NIGHT RESULTS
- MAN INDICTED FOR KILLING MOM AND CHILD
- INDICTMENT HANDED DOWN IN 2014 MURDER
- BANK ROBBERY SUSPECT CHARGED IN FEDERAL COURT
- ATLANTIC CITY MAN SHOT DEAD, DEATH UNDER INVESTIGATION
- STATE POLICE SEEKING MISSING CHILD FROM BRIDGETON
- CHRISTIE TIED FOR 10TH IN LATEST OVERALL POLL
- CHRISTIE GETS ENDORSEMENT OF MAINE GOV.
- LENTZ RETIRES AS OCEAN CITY HS ATHLETIC DIRECTOR
- PAGLIUGHI, DEAN, COVINGTON BEGIN NEW TERMS OF OFFICE IN AVALON
- DESIDERIO SWORN IN AS MAYOR OF SEA ISLE CITY BY LT. GOVERNOR