The Press of Atlantic City reports that a new casino is opening Friday at the Aqueduct Racetrack in New York City. The $830 million project is called Resorts World Casino New York City, with 2,280 video slot machines and 205 electronic table games. In December, owners plan to open a special-events center and concert hall with a Central Park theme. The new casino is expected to take away another chunk of gamblers from Atlantic City, already reeling from competition in Pennsylvania and Delaware. Atlantic City’s gaming industry has lost over 30 per cent of it’s annual gaming revenue since 2006.
- 987 THE COAST ELECTION NIGHT RESULTS
- 4,000 BAGS OF HEROIN SEIZED IN ARREST
- MAN ARRESTED FOR HOUSING DRUG PRODUCTION FACILITY
- GAS PRICES DROP TEN CENTS IN A WEEK
- NORTH WILDWOOD COUNCIL TO MEET ON TUESDAY
- MAJOR REPAVING PROJECT ON ROUTE 9 IN MIDDLE TWP.
- STONE HARBOR TO INTRODUCE BIG ORDINANCES THIS WEEK
- OCEAN CITY FOOTBALL TEAM TO HONOR HEROES ON 9/11
- OCEAN CITY IN FINAL STAGES OF MAJOR BEACH FILL
- COURTS TOSS ANOTHER COMPLAINT BY DEMARZO
- TEACHER LATE 111 TIMES? I WAS HAVING BREAKFAST!