The Somers Point Police Department investigated an attempted car jacking that occurred on Aug. 6 at the intersection of Route 9 and Route 52. The accused subjects brandished weapons and demanded that the victim get out of his car while stopped at the traffic light. The victim sped off without further incident. Police arrested Zachery Hayes 19, of EHT, was charged with carjacking and conspiracy. Tashawn Simkins 20, Somers Point, was charged with carjacking, conspiracy and aggravated assault. Justin Luker 18, Somers Point, was charged with carjacking, conspiracy, and aggravated assault.Also charged were three juveniles with carjacking and conspiracy.
- 987 THE COAST ELECTION NIGHT RESULTS
- 4,000 BAGS OF HEROIN SEIZED IN ARREST
- MAN ARRESTED FOR HOUSING DRUG PRODUCTION FACILITY
- GAS PRICES DROP TEN CENTS IN A WEEK
- NORTH WILDWOOD COUNCIL TO MEET ON TUESDAY
- MAJOR REPAVING PROJECT ON ROUTE 9 IN MIDDLE TWP.
- STONE HARBOR TO INTRODUCE BIG ORDINANCES THIS WEEK
- OCEAN CITY FOOTBALL TEAM TO HONOR HEROES ON 9/11
- OCEAN CITY IN FINAL STAGES OF MAJOR BEACH FILL
- COURTS TOSS ANOTHER COMPLAINT BY DEMARZO
- TEACHER LATE 111 TIMES? I WAS HAVING BREAKFAST!