The Somers Point Police Department investigated an attempted car jacking that occurred on Aug. 6 at the intersection of Route 9 and Route 52. The accused subjects brandished weapons and demanded that the victim get out of his car while stopped at the traffic light. The victim sped off without further incident. Police arrested Zachery Hayes 19, of EHT, was charged with carjacking and conspiracy. Tashawn Simkins 20, Somers Point, was charged with carjacking, conspiracy and aggravated assault. Justin Luker 18, Somers Point, was charged with carjacking, conspiracy, and aggravated assault.Also charged were three juveniles with carjacking and conspiracy.
- 987 THE COAST ELECTION NIGHT RESULTS
- MILESTONES SOUGHT BY TWO ATHLETES IN FINAL SEASON GAMES
- UPDATE: THIRD VICTIM DIES FROM MILLVILLE CAR CRASH
- TWO MEN IN ASSAULTED IN WILDWOOD EARLY SUNDAY MORNING
- CAPE MAY COUNTY HOLDS MEMORIAL DAY CEREMONY
- BIG CROWDS AT THE SHORE, ATTEND MEMORIAL DAY EVENTS
- MORE LAYOFFS COMING TO ATLANTIC CITY SCHOOL DISTRICT
- GUNSHOTS FIRED DURING CAR CHASE IN WILDWOOD, MIDDLE TWP.
- TWO DEAD IN WEEKEND ACCIDENT IN MILLVILLE
- CHRISTIE PLACES MIDDLE OF THE PACK IN GOP STRAW POLL
- USS NEW JERSEY TO BE ADDED TO NAVY FLEET