The Somers Point Police Department investigated an attempted car jacking that occurred on Aug. 6 at the intersection of Route 9 and Route 52. The accused subjects brandished weapons and demanded that the victim get out of his car while stopped at the traffic light. The victim sped off without further incident. Police arrested Zachery Hayes 19, of EHT, was charged with carjacking and conspiracy. Tashawn Simkins 20, Somers Point, was charged with carjacking, conspiracy and aggravated assault. Justin Luker 18, Somers Point, was charged with carjacking, conspiracy, and aggravated assault.Also charged were three juveniles with carjacking and conspiracy.
- 987 THE COAST ELECTION NIGHT RESULTS
- WILDWOOD CATHOLIC TAKES DOWN MIDDLE TOWNSHIP IN BATTLE BY THE BAY
- ADDITIONAL POLLS SHOW CHRISTIE FALLING IN THE POLLS
- (VIDEO) RUBIO AND CHRISTIE GO AT IT, INCLUDING CHRISTIE’S RESPONSE TO JONAS
- FIRE DESTROYS BAR IN MILLVILLE SATURDAY NIGHT
- CAPE MAY COUNTY HAS SECOND LOWEST PROPERTY TAXES IN NJ
- SPORTS: WILDWOOD CATHOLIC BOYS KNOCK OFF MIDDLE TWP.
- GAS PRICES CONTINUE TO DROP IN THE GARDEN STATE
- REPORT: GREAT NOR’EASTER COASTER GETTING FACELIFT
- ATLANTIC CITY ELECTRIC PREPARES FOR POTENTIAL WEATHER EVENT
- WEATHER SERVICE ISSUES HAZARDOUS OUTLOOK FOR SHORE