Camden’s police department will be gone, and a regional police force will take its place. Camden officials held a press conference on Friday and announced that layoff notices are going to all 265 police officers who work in the city. Camden Mayor Dana Redd says the municipal police department will be phased out while a regional police department takes its place. The new regional force will be supported by civilian personnel and will be in place in Camden by next spring.
- 987 THE COAST ELECTION NIGHT RESULTS
- 21 PEOPLE INDICTED IN NEW JERSEY CARJACKING OPERATION
- SWEENEY CHASTISES GUARDIAN, ATLANTIC CITY FOR ECONOMIC FAILURES
- CAPE MAY COUNTY TOURISM CONFERENCE TO BE HELD THURSDAY
- SEVERAL RESIDENTIAL BURGLARIES REPORTED IN HAMILTON TWP.
- MONMOUTH POLL SAYS CLINTON LEADS SANDERS FOR NEW JERSEY PRIMARY
- OCEAN CITY ARTS PATRON MARGARET LLOYD PASSES AT 102
- CREST MAN CHARGED WITH DISTRIBUTION OF CHILD PORNOGRAPHY
- REPORT: AVALON MANOR FISHING PIER CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
- NATURALIZATION CEREMONY HELD AT CONGRESS HALL
- COASTAL FLOOD ADVISORY POSTED FOR JERSEY SHORE TONIGHT