The Cape May County Bridge Commission explained on Tuesday how a lack of federal funding is keeping a major project from happening. A report was presented to the Cape May County Freeholders and one of the issues discussed was the Middle Thorofare project. Most of the area’s federal funds are tied into the Route 52 Causeway project, which is keeping some other projects from getting off the ground. All bridge commission bridges collect a $1.50 toll for one director of traffic. Despite many cuts in personnel, salary costs remain nearly the same as a decade ago.
- 987 THE COAST ELECTION NIGHT RESULTS
- SPORTS: GILBERT NAMED NEW BOYS SOCCER COACH AT MIDDLE TWP.
- AVALON RECEIVES BIG STATE GRANT FOR STREET CONSTRUCTION
- PARKWAY ACCIDENTS CLOG TRAFFIC FRIDAY IN CAPE MAY COUNTY
- 22 YEAR OLD MAN KILLED ON ROUTE 55 FRIDAY MORNING
- TWO CHARGED WITH DRUG DISTRIBUTION IN MIDDLE TOWNSHIP
- DEVELOPING STORY: DNA SAMPLE REQUESTED FROM KAUFFMAN’S HUSBAND
- NJ CONVENIENCE STORE CAUGHT SELLING POT, DRUG PRODUCTS
- SPRINGSTEEN VISITS WILDWOOD BOARDWALK?
- MATT SZCZUR ON A ROLL THIS WEEK WITH THE PADRES
- LAWMAKERS WANT TO END SPECIAL ELECTIONS IN NEW JERSEY