The joint beach fill in Avalon and Stone Harbor started part two on Thursday. Mayor Suzanne Walters told Coastal Broadcasting that the dredge moved into place and began pumping sand on Thursday. The dredge is at about 110th St. and is working its way down to 80th St. Great Lakes Dredge and Dock Company is doing the fill. A majority of the project is being paid by federal and state dollars. There is minimal impact to the local taxpayers for this beach fill. Walters said that she expects the work to be done in the next couple of weeks.
- 987 THE COAST ELECTION NIGHT RESULTS
- JUDGE SAYS NO LASER BEAM MESSAGES BY UNION ONTO CASINOS
- REPORT: OCEAN CITY PRIMARY SCHOOL RENOVATIONS NEARLY DONE
- OCEAN CITY MAKES CHANGE TO ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE
- 18 LOCALS INDICTED IN MAJOR CAPE MAY COUNTY DRUG BUST
- REPORT: SO FAR, ONLY INCUMBENTS RUNNING IN WILDWOOD
- BODY WASHES UP ON NEW JERSEY BEACH
- WILL ERICKA BE A LABOR DAY WEEKEND HURRICANE IN NJ?
- GOODBYE, CHOCOLATE THUNDER: DARRYL DAWKINS PASSES
- COUPLE OF WEEKS LEFT TO GET SANDY CLAIMS REVIEWED
- OCEAN COUNTY MAN GIVEN JAIL SENTENCE FOR LURING JUVENILE