Access to the barrier island communities remains prohibited at this time in both Cape May and Atlantic Counties. In spite of the ban, the Wildwood island have re-opened the roads to their communities and we have heard reports that people are getting back into Cape May. Damage assessments are ongoing and Cape May County OEM officials have not yet removed their restrictions to access the barrier islands. Atlantic County officials say there are still extensive power outages on the barrier islands, downed live wires and potential structural damages which make it unsafe for residents to return. Once public safety and emergency management officials determine that these issues have been satisfactorily resolved, a decision will be made as to when access will be restored and residents can return home.
- 987 THE COAST ELECTION NIGHT RESULTS
- 4,000 BAGS OF HEROIN SEIZED IN ARREST
- MAN ARRESTED FOR HOUSING DRUG PRODUCTION FACILITY
- GAS PRICES DROP TEN CENTS IN A WEEK
- NORTH WILDWOOD COUNCIL TO MEET ON TUESDAY
- MAJOR REPAVING PROJECT ON ROUTE 9 IN MIDDLE TWP.
- STONE HARBOR TO INTRODUCE BIG ORDINANCES THIS WEEK
- OCEAN CITY FOOTBALL TEAM TO HONOR HEROES ON 9/11
- OCEAN CITY IN FINAL STAGES OF MAJOR BEACH FILL
- COURTS TOSS ANOTHER COMPLAINT BY DEMARZO
- TEACHER LATE 111 TIMES? I WAS HAVING BREAKFAST!