Access to the barrier island communities remains prohibited at this time in both Cape May and Atlantic Counties. In spite of the ban, the Wildwood island have re-opened the roads to their communities and we have heard reports that people are getting back into Cape May. Damage assessments are ongoing and Cape May County OEM officials have not yet removed their restrictions to access the barrier islands. Atlantic County officials say there are still extensive power outages on the barrier islands, downed live wires and potential structural damages which make it unsafe for residents to return. Once public safety and emergency management officials determine that these issues have been satisfactorily resolved, a decision will be made as to when access will be restored and residents can return home.
- 987 THE COAST ELECTION NIGHT RESULTS
- SMOKING BAN ON PUBLIC BEACHES MAY BE COMING
- WILDWOOD CREST LOOKING TO HIRE ADMINISTRATOR
- MIDDLE TOWNSHIP COPS BUST TWO ON HEROIN CHARGES
- APPROVED! LEGISLATURE APPROVES AC RESCUE BILLS
- $1 MILLION VILLAS LOTTERY WINNERS CLAIM PRIZE
- SEN. BECK TO INTRODUCE LAW TO PUMP MONEY INTO ROAD PROJECTS
- GOVERNOR TO CONSIDER BAN ON DIAMONDBACK TERRAPIN HARVESTING
- MIDDLE TOWNSHIP POLICE OPEN NEW SUBSTATION IN RIO GRANDE
- STATE UNVEILS ACCESS MAP FOR ALL NEW JERSEY BEACHES
- HOLIDAY WEATHER? AIR WILL BE DRY AND WARM, OCEAN…BRR!