May 1st was supposed to be the day that the B.L. England Generating Station in Upper Township completed upgrades to it’s coal-fired units. However, the New Jersey DEP is working out a new agreement with the plant’s owners to convert their operation from coal to natural gas. Details of the plan have not been finalized, but DEP officials say the conversion will reduce emissions at the plant by 90 per cent.
- 987 THE COAST ELECTION NIGHT RESULTS
- HOOPS: WILDWOOD BEATS MIDDLE, FIRST TIME SINCE 1991
- COUNTY CHANGES NAME OF DEPARTMENT OF GOVERNMENT
- STATE TROOPERS DELIVER BABYT…IN POLICE STATION PARKING LOT
- CAPE MAY MAN TO KAYAK FOR 444 MILES TO SUPPORT VETERANS
- REPORT: RESULTS CHANGED IN BIG FIVE GIRLS CROSS COUNTRY TITLE
- REPORT: SOME PROPERTY VALUES MAY BE CORRECTED IN UPPER TWP.
- HEAVY RAIN LIKELY IN NEW JERSEY LATE WEEKEND, EARLY NEXT WEEK
- SWEENEY ENDORSES PHIL MURPHY FOR GOVERNOR IN 2017
- MAN DIES AFTER BEING PINNED BY SLABS OF MARBLE
- REPORT: FRANK THEATER COMPANY HAS BIG PLANS FOR RIO MALL