The Avalon Environmental Commission heard a presentation on Wednesday afternoon that would result in the rehabilitation of Armacost Park, located in the south end of the community. A few dozen residents showed up at the hearing to hear a presentation by an environmental consultant that would result in some changes in the park that would provide ecological benefit. The park has a proliferation of phragmites and other issues that have harmed the ecosystem there. The measure now moves on to the Avalon Borough Council for its consideration at a future meeting.
- 987 THE COAST ELECTION NIGHT RESULTS
- NORTH WILDWOOD RECEIVES EMERGENCY RESPONSE TRAILER
- STOCKTON PREZ: TALKS CONTINUE ON SHOWBOAT PROPERTY
- ATLANTIC CITY ELECTRIC, EXELON CONTINUE MERGER TALKS
- MIDDLE TOWNSHIP POLICE LOOKING FOR RUNAWAY TEEN
- CAPE MAY COUNTY BEACHES REMAINED OPEN ALL SUMMER
- 4,000 BAGS OF HEROIN SEIZED IN ARREST
- MAN ARRESTED FOR HOUSING DRUG PRODUCTION FACILITY
- GAS PRICES DROP TEN CENTS IN A WEEK
- NORTH WILDWOOD COUNCIL TO MEET ON TUESDAY
- MAJOR REPAVING PROJECT ON ROUTE 9 IN MIDDLE TWP.