The Borough of Avalon has obtained state permits it needs to move forward with an innovative dredging project that is scheduled to begin this fall with the first-ever municipal offload of a major New Jersey confined disposal facility (CDF) that will make room for future dredged materials. Avalon also conducted a formal bid opening on Friday, August 23rd; at the Wednesday, August 28th meeting of the Avalon Borough Council, Council unanimously voted to award the contract to South State Inc., of Bridgeton NJ to remove dredge materials from the CDF. South State’s bid was $3.8 million.
- 987 THE COAST ELECTION NIGHT RESULTS
- PENN STATE MISSES OUT ON PLAYOFF, WILL PLAY IN ROSE BOWL
- REPORT: MAN AIRLIFTED SATURDAY NIGHT AFTER WRECK IN LOWER TWP.
- FOOTBALL: MILLVILLE WINS TITLE, SPIRIT LOSES IN FINAL MINUTE
- TWO BUSTED FOR PIMPING OUT CHILD IN SOUTH JERSEY
- INMATE AT SOUTHERN STATE AIRLIFTED TO HOSPITAL AFTER FIGHT
- ACE TO HOLD PRESS CONFERENCE TO DISCUSS MERGER BENEFITS
- MIDDLE TOWNSHIP POLICE LAUNCH FREE MOBILE PHONE APP
- LARGEST CHRISTMAS PARADE IN THE COUNTY HAPPENS SATURDAY NIGHT
- ALLEGED ANGSTADT KILLERS WILL LIKELY FACE TRIAL
- FEDS, STATE TO STUDY BACK BAY FLOODING FOR THREE YEARS