The Borough of Avalon has obtained state permits it needs to move forward with an innovative dredging project that is scheduled to begin this fall with the first-ever municipal offload of a major New Jersey confined disposal facility (CDF) that will make room for future dredged materials. Avalon also conducted a formal bid opening on Friday, August 23rd; at the Wednesday, August 28th meeting of the Avalon Borough Council, Council unanimously voted to award the contract to South State Inc., of Bridgeton NJ to remove dredge materials from the CDF. South State’s bid was $3.8 million.
- 987 THE COAST ELECTION NIGHT RESULTS
- JUDGE SAYS NO LASER BEAM MESSAGES BY UNION ONTO CASINOS
- REPORT: OCEAN CITY PRIMARY SCHOOL RENOVATIONS NEARLY DONE
- OCEAN CITY MAKES CHANGE TO ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE
- 18 LOCALS INDICTED IN MAJOR CAPE MAY COUNTY DRUG BUST
- REPORT: SO FAR, ONLY INCUMBENTS RUNNING IN WILDWOOD
- BODY WASHES UP ON NEW JERSEY BEACH
- WILL ERICKA BE A LABOR DAY WEEKEND HURRICANE IN NJ?
- GOODBYE, CHOCOLATE THUNDER: DARRYL DAWKINS PASSES
- COUPLE OF WEEKS LEFT TO GET SANDY CLAIMS REVIEWED
- OCEAN COUNTY MAN GIVEN JAIL SENTENCE FOR LURING JUVENILE