The Borough of Avalon has obtained state permits it needs to move forward with an innovative dredging project that is scheduled to begin this fall with the first-ever municipal offload of a major New Jersey confined disposal facility (CDF) that will make room for future dredged materials. Avalon also conducted a formal bid opening on Friday, August 23rd; at the Wednesday, August 28th meeting of the Avalon Borough Council, Council unanimously voted to award the contract to South State Inc., of Bridgeton NJ to remove dredge materials from the CDF. South State’s bid was $3.8 million.
- 987 THE COAST ELECTION NIGHT RESULTS
- UPDATE: ONE PERSON CONFIRMED DEAD, 108 INJURED IN HOBOKEN TRAIN CRASH
- FIRE STRIKES HOUSE IN GALLOWAY TWP.
- SEA TURTLE RESCUED IN AVALON ON THE MEND
- FREE RABIES CLINIC SATURDAY IN MIDDLE TOWNSHIP
- HUGE NEW JERSEY DUNE PROJECT GOING OUT TO BID
- COASTAL FLOOD WARNING POSTED FOR CAPE MAY COUNTY
- DEVELOPING STORY: AT LEAST THREE DEAD IN NEW JERSEY TRANSIT TRAIN CRASH
- AVALON DISCUSSES SHIFTING SANDS ON BOROUGH’S BEACHFRONT
- VAN DREW NOT SATISFIED WITH VERIZON’S RURAL PLAN
- MISSING MIDDLE TWP. TEENAGER FOUND SAFE