The Borough of Avalon has obtained state permits it needs to move forward with an innovative dredging project that is scheduled to begin this fall with the first-ever municipal offload of a major New Jersey confined disposal facility (CDF) that will make room for future dredged materials. Avalon also conducted a formal bid opening on Friday, August 23rd; at the Wednesday, August 28th meeting of the Avalon Borough Council, Council unanimously voted to award the contract to South State Inc., of Bridgeton NJ to remove dredge materials from the CDF. South State’s bid was $3.8 million.
- 987 THE COAST ELECTION NIGHT RESULTS
- BORGATA: NO MORE TAXES TO AC UNTIL WE GET OVER $62 MILLION
- SEA ISLE TO UNVEIL 2016 MUNICIPAL BUDGET ON TUESDAY
- GAS MAINS TO BE INSTALLED IN MIDDLE TOWNSHIP DEVELOPMENT
- BOOKER, MENENDEZ PLAN WILL PREVENT SEISMIC TESTING OFF NJ COAST
- MAN TRIES TO HAND DELIVER A MOP TO CHRISTIE IN NEW HAMPSHIRE
- IS THE END NEAR? CHRISTIE’S POLL NUMBERS PLUMMET IN NEW HAMPSHIRE
- Super Bowl “Soup Party” at Cape Christian Academy
- ABSECON COUNCILMAN DAN CAMP PASSES AWAY
- SNOW CONTINUES TO MAKE ROADS SLIPPERY, MORE SNOW NEXT WEEK?
- 34,000 MORE PEOPLE HAVE HEALTH INSURANCE IN NEW JERSEY